Just about Decided to Upgrade to 4.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KidStallyn, Mar 25, 2011.

1. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

but then my son face timed me from his iPod Touch.......And I realized that I couldn't do that if I wasn't jailbroken....

I guess there's always Skype.....but I really love being JBd......

2. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

4. PaulyD macrumors 6502

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

Very badly written....let me translate:

He was going to upgrade to 4.3 but then realized he needed some features that only a jailbroken phone could provide. So he changed his mind.

Now he is probably unaware that there is a tethered Jailbreak for 4.3, but I dont want to confuse him further...so lets just say....

Good decision?

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

WTH does facetime have to do with being jailbroken?

7. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

There is only a Tethered JB for 4.3 right now? Is there a non Tethered JB due out soon? I had my iP4 replaced by Apple, and I have 4.3 now :eek:

8. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

He's probably referring to FaceTiming on his iPhone over a 3G connection, which is only possible with a Jailbroken device. This is one of the primary reasons (but not the only reason my iPhone is Jailbroken) because I'm constantly FaceTiming with my family back home.

This is why I Jailbroke my mom's phone, so that she could FaceTime me without needing a wifi connection, and it was easy for me to do because that was when the Jailbreakme website worked. Now, I can only update her phone when I'm home and a jailbreak is available for the current version of iOS. And that hasn't been the case for a while, but since she needed the current version of iOS to FaceTime me on my iPad, I told her just to update her iPhone since I realized that she could just use the Tango app to Video chat with me over 3G.

9. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

As you said, there's Skype but the quality isn't as good. Is there something about 4.3 that you feel you need? Now that 4.3.1 has been released it's popular speculation that the newest jailbraking tools will be released in the near future.

Disclaimer - I have no inside knowledge of a release. Just saying that since the update is out the JB may be public sooner rather than later.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you might be too late, i think i read it was alread updated again to 4.3.1

11. walie macrumors 6502a

extrapolation people :rolleyes:

12. ZmyDust macrumors regular

ZmyDust

I'm going to ask this question here because it might also help the op but I'd like to know:

As long as I have 4.3 saved shsh blobs we can still upgrade to 4.3 with a 4.3.ispw and the TSS server running via tiny umbrella by option-clicking (Mac) restore and selecting the ispw file... even after theystop signing 4.3 and start only signing 4.3.1.... Correct?

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes there is a tethered jailbreak right now. However, it requires modifying PwnageTool 4.2 and using some Command Line in the Terminal.app

Also, to the people asking what this thread is about, you either got the point or you didn't. Critical thinking and analyzation abilities are hard to come by these days.