Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
it showed up yesterday. first impressions? it needs a battery. bad. no rubber feet and the bottom of the ibook is scratched and stained real bad. the top of the ibook is in really good shape with only a few light scratches. inside, the screen has no dead pixels, no pressure spots or scratches and no light spots anywhere on the screen. the keyboard is new and the trackpad looks almost new. both the trackpad and the keyboard work very well. when i plug the power adapter in there are no colors around where it plugs in. the hard drive makes no sounds and i've played a dvd in it. it doesn't appear to have any heat issues---so far. these are all just first impressions but so far it seems that this ibook will meet my wants. everyone i know thinks i'm crazy for getting it and maybe they're right. this is my fourth computer i've bought in the last five months. two imac g4's, a macbook and now this. all off of e-bay and so far so good. i WILL have some questions later.

You should definitely max the RAM. Oh, and try ATIccelerator. You can put tape where the rubber feet would be.

gooser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2013
it came with 1 gig of ram in it and i think that'll be enough for my tasks. thanks. i won't be using the machine that often anyway.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
A good solution for missing rubber feet on laptops is to put a small amount of hot glue on where the foot use to be. It's cheap, non-marking or damaging, and lasts a surprisingly long time.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Glad to hear the iBook so far meets your expectations. :) Hope it has a long and relivable life with you.

I've often contemplated buying another 1.33 12" iBook to replace one of the same specs I used to own a few years back, to compliment my eMac. But honestly, my much-speedier MacBook gets very little use as it is; seems I prefer desktops anyway. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.