Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Doesn't look like anyone else is buying these but I highly recommend you be cautious if you do.

I purchased one and got the wrong back delivered to me. I've tried getting the correct back and get no response from the seller, KO Gadget.

Filed a PayPal complaint with no resolution so now I have to go to my bank and see if there's anything they can do.

All of this and I'd really just like to get the correct back for my phone. Oh well, lesson learned and karma's a b*tch KO Gadget :)

imvn

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
Doesn't look like anyone else is buying these but I highly recommend you be cautious if you do.

I purchased one and got the wrong back delivered to me. I've tried getting the correct back and get no response from the seller, KO Gadget.

Filed a PayPal complaint with no resolution so now I have to go to my bank and see if there's anything they can do.

All of this and I'd really just like to get the correct back for my phone. Oh well, lesson learned and karma's a b*tch KO Gadget :)

If you paid with your debit card or credit card, you can call your bank directly and issue a chargeback. I'm sorry to hear about your recent purchase. Hopefully they will fix their problems soon. They are good guys just rushed a little in producing this product.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
If you paid with your debit card or credit card, you can call your bank directly and issue a chargeback. I'm sorry to hear about your recent purchase. Hopefully they will fix their problems soon. They are good guys just rushed a little in producing this product.

Thanks. Hey, if you've got some connection or communication to them, PM me. I really just want to get the correct part and would rather not deal with all this bank stuff. But, as good guys as they probably are, when you don't respond to your customers...it's not a good thing.

imvn

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
Thanks. Hey, if you've got some connection or communication to them, PM me. I really just want to get the correct part and would rather not deal with all this bank stuff. But, as good guys as they probably are, when you don't respond to your customers...it's not a good thing.
The only way to reach them is the way everyone reaches them, through their form. They kept that pretty clear

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I installed the kit on my old iPhone 4, as I'm too chicken to take any chances with my 4S, since I have the AppleCare+ on it.

So anyway, the install was tedious, and I took my time, so it took about an hour. It's a bit trickier in spots I didn't expect it to be. The way the wire has to sit on the tiny power pin and then taped down is really a poor way to make this work, but it does work.

My review is about the same as most peoples. Looks cool when on, but the fit is terrible. Gaps along the side and top, very thin and fragile feeling, the light is brighter on one side and not uniformed. It's a real down and dirty, ugly mod.

I put the phone in a Speck Gemshell to protect the fragile glass, and still show off the mod. It also covers the light gaps.

If the back case build quality was better, this would be great.

Attachments

• phone1.jpg
    phone1.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 70
  • phone2.jpg
    phone2.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 64

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
I just bit the bullet and purchased a black one for my old iPhone 4. I can't bring myself to do this to the 4S until I try it on the 4. Apple should take note, and do this on future iPhones.

Yup definitely a great idea to make an already crappy battery even worse. (technically it's not the battery's fault... it's the technology that's too advanced.)

And also why are people still installing these? Didn't the guy just say they discontinued them because they were going to screw your phones up? I don't really understand what the deal is, like was ifixit making their own or buying ko's product and selling em?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.