Just brought a new I mac because I couldn't wait

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Beau beau, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Beau beau macrumors newbie

I was Decided to get an iMac around march but held off due to new a one coming soon...

Hoping for wwdc but it didn't happen, so I brought a base 27 yesterday, it's awesome but I will be returning it in a month because I can..

2. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

You don't get 30 days to return. You only get 14 days to return.

[​IMG]

Returns & Refunds - Apple Store (U.S)

3. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

Maybe she didn't buy it directly from Apple. Some places might have a month return policy.

4. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

I swear I looked a few days ago and saw somewhere that that they offer a 30 day refresh/exchange policy but now I can't find it. Once you initiate the return...if your mailing it the apple return label the label good for Weeks.

5. Beau beau thread starter macrumors newbie

True but once you contact apple and say you want to return it they give you a further 14 days to bring it back :)

6. Scythe5 macrumors regular

Maybe they updated their returns policy to prevent people from ordering computers right before a refresh with the sole intention of returning them. ;)

7. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

8. cypress822 macrumors regular

very lame

9. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

This just rubs me the wrong way. Although its not wrong, I feel it is unethical.

10. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Nope, just a fraud ....

There are good reason why there are return-policies either by the seller or mandated by the law but buying something with the clear intent not to keep it is nothing but criminal.

He's only lucky that Apple would have a hard time prooving that intent and they probraly wouldn't like the bad PR coming from going after such idiots.....

11. cypress822 macrumors regular

very lame...and a fraud

12. radiohed macrumors regular

Buying an expensive computer with the intention of using it for a month and then returning it is just sleazy. :eek: Yes, you are within Apple's return policy guidelines, but it isn't meant to be used for that purpose. Just my opinion :p

13. Scythe5 macrumors regular

I understand that large screen TV return policies have changed for pretty much the same reason.

People get them to watch the superbowl and then return them. I think a lot of stores now have a return policy which only allows returns if the TV is actually broken.

14. dayloon macrumors 6502

I hope they find a reason to refuse your request to send it back. What you're doing is immoral

15. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

16. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

Sounds like trolling to me. Lame trolling at that.

17. kjmff5 macrumors regular

I don't get why the OP even posted this. What's the point of telling the world you are abusing the return policy?

18. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

See the 2 posts above you.

19. xplnusa macrumors regular

x2

20. harcosparky macrumors 68020

So you will return it in a month.

And if there is no new iMac then, what will you do?

Buy another and return it a month later.

Is that your plan, buy new and return, until a new one comes out?

You're not a very ethical individual, are you?

21. Buffsteria macrumors regular

Buffsteria

We just got a 2011 iMac to replace a 2009 iMac.

The 2011 iMac is going back tomorrow, it was actually SLOWER than the 2009.

We'll wait for the refresh.

As for the OP, who cares if they return theirs? Tim Cook disrespects the heck out of us, with his "double down on secrecy" and trying to pass 2010 Mac Pros as "new". Screw them.

----------

Our Royal Highness has spoken.

22. MagicThief83 macrumors 6502

This. You actually have 28 days to return a mac. 14 to initiate the return and another 14 to return it (applies to shipped orders only) i really don't understand all this talk about ethics and the basis for it in relation to iMacs?!?. To be fair, apple charging premium prices for outdated hardware in my opinion is unethical (take the Mac Pro and even today's iMacs for example!). Apple delaying the release of refreshed iMacs just to dwindle down existing supply is in my opinion unethical. if apple purports themselves to be a consumer company, then they should act as such but they have clearly neglected their Mac Pro and iMac consumer base. if someone purchases an iMac today and wants to return it 28 days later, that is their prerogative as apple supports such behavior. i for one will be purchasing an iMac next week, and should be receiving it come the middle of July around the release of ML. if apple happens to refresh their iMacs at that time, i surely will have no qualm on returning the purchased model for a refreshed one as i'm sure many of you will do the same, if it occurs within the specified interval allowable for returns. if not, then i will happily enjoy my brand new (not really because the technology is old ;)) spanking machine and not worry about it anymore. People are so wound up nowadays and should learn to relax! Now when did we say those new iMacs were coming out again????:p

23. Scythe5 macrumors regular

After viewing various sites on the iMac release, it seems to have come down to this:

July, or sometime in the Fall (which to me means Oct/Nov).

Buying something knowing you'll just return it does seem unethical to *me*, and regardless if you feel Apple is being unethical, two wrongs do not make a right. (But, three rights do make a left ;))

Word of the day: Jackassery :D

24. blacksurfer macrumors regular

fraud?

Fraud? Returns within the guidelines are not fraud. Switching a part and then returning it is a fraud.

25. vladfein macrumors regular

Seriously? What law is broken? In what country?
    P.S. I am not defending the original poster.