Just curious, do you play games on your iPhone or iPad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ghost31, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Ghost31 macrumors 68030

Ghost31

Sometimes I like to play games on my phone but overall it’s usually a better experience on my iPad. Wish more games supported backup to iCloud so I could switch between them more. Was pleasantly surprised cooking craze did it when I switched between my x and iPad Pro

2. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

Mostly on my iPad Pro and the game Im playing at the moment which is Golf Clash does backup to iCloud so I can use it on both devices :)

Would be nice to have more that have this ability yes.

3. nathasnajperowa macrumors member

nathasnajperowa

I have about 80GB of games. Love to play, definitely mobile gamer :)

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That's the one thing I have never downloaded for my iPad or iPhone, was games. Nothing against them, just not into mobile games on those devices.

5. jo.Lo macrumors member

I've been a gamer all my life, but I never fell for mobile gaming. I think my standards for video games are too high for ever getting used to play on my iphone. Of course there are nice games that kind of get you addicted for quite some time, but I usually delete them after a few days. Right now there wasn't any game on my iphone for around half a year.
    But taste is different, my gf likes mobile gaming alot and would probably tell the same story the other way around :D

6. Ghost31 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ghost31

Recommend some fun games for me!

7. nathasnajperowa macrumors member

nathasnajperowa

Depends what kind of game you prefer?

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I play a little of both.

I have a couple of games on the iPad that are not on the iPhone and vice versa. I mostly play games on the iphone to pass the time. For instance, I'm waiting at the train station, and so I'm playing a mindless time, until the train arrives.

9. Ghost31 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ghost31

Strategy games are pretty fun. Tower defense games and such. Im playing cooking craze right now and I’ve been yelling at my burger station for 10 minutes in frustration. But it’s fun haha

10. Jinkst macrumors 6502

I dabble.

I tend to use my iPad for something more immersive and visual, Worms, Heroes of Might & Magic, board games with others. And then I use my phone to pass time on commutes with more 'puzzle' style simple games such as 2048 and Threes. I downloaded the Machines to play around with the AR on my iPhone X. Still haven't actually played it!

All in all, if I was going to sit down to play something then the PS4 is used, I only use the iOS stuff to pass shorter intervals of time, or commutes/flights.

11. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

BE0902A7-F254-46E9-9C5A-F148775369AC.png
    Well, these are games I play often. Three of them are music games. One of them is puzzle music game (listen to the music and solve the puzzle). Others are adventure games. Oh, and two clock apps.

12. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

iPad for the games I do play, but none currently since I got the Nintendo Switch in March.

13. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

Nope. Not a gamer, I'm afraid. Games bore me.

14. GrumpyMom, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

GrumpyMom macrumors G3

GrumpyMom

I do VR gaming on my Samsungs and I play Neko Atsume, Bejeweled Classic, and hidden object games. I used to play Hay Day but it got to be oddly stressful because it requires you to keep up with processes and I do enough of that in real life. I also played some Build-A-Lot 2 HD and Virtual City HD

I’ll be playing the Animal Crossing game at some point.

Whatever I play now just has to be a quick time filler I can pick up and put down easily, like at a waiting room at the doctors office or standing by waiting for the kids to be done with a practice or rehearsal or stuff like that. I can’t get involved in games that require I remember a strategy I was working on or anything too involved with a plot and clues to keep track of. So mostly it’s Bejeweled Classic these days.

15. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

I’m not a big mobile gamer but I do enjoy a few games.

My iPad mini 4 is, in my opinion, the perfect size for mobile games. Small enough to easily hold and use onscreen controls in either portrait or landscape, but with a large enough display that your thumbs aren’t blocking everything.

The 8+ (or any plus sized model) also provides a decent amount of screen real estate for games. Right now I’m really loving having Final Fantasy IX in my pocket!

16. nathasnajperowa macrumors member

nathasnajperowa

Hmm, i play different kind of games.
    My 2 favs are Mortal Kombat X and Guns of Boom. These two i play everyday, so into the dead 2. I like also Rockstar (bought all bundle), Stranger Wrath, Rayark games, Breakneck, NFS:most wanted, Space Marshall 1&2, xenowork, halo - dual stick shooters.
    Sky force: reloaded, rayman, some escape puzzle like geostorm.
    Not to mention about also about oceanhorn and infinity blade 3.
    And much more...:)

17. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

+1 for Animal Crossing. I’m hoping my wife gets into it too.

18. rawlus macrumors 6502

i don’t play games on either... too busy with other things i guess.

19. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Like some others here, I could never get into mobile gaming. I use to be hardcore into gaming too, but mobile never appealed to me.

20. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Occasionally on my iPad Pro, but never on my iPhone.

21. czzzla macrumors newbie

only 3 games on my phone. don't play game as much anymore.

22. BigSky20 macrumors regular

Played a lot of games on my 7 Plus but now I will likely play more on my iPad Pro due to screen size of X.

23. giancarlo007 macrumors member

No, I’m an adult and have better things to do.

24. Rayban macrumors 6502

Rayban

Super Mario Run on my iPhone.
    I also just got Oceanhorn.

25. MarcMller macrumors regular

HELP.. need game recommendations
    this!

back in the day i played an online first person shooter game that was against other players kinda like a call of duty game but i stopped playing for a year or two and now i forget the game. I love infinity blade.. i beat the first one and have the 2nd but didnt play it yet.

i got hooked into madden mobile for a while.. really wish i could find a first person shooter that has perfect controls and maybe plays against other players.. much like call of duty.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    oh please...