iPhone 7(+) Just emailed Tim Cook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aakshey, Apr 3, 2018.

1. aakshey macrumors 65816

aakshey

Hi Tim,

I have an iPhone 7 bought from India still under AppleCare extended warranty until May 2019.

My battery health is at 92%.

I’m willing to opt for the INR 2000 Paid battery replacement.

However, this store B2X Ansal Plaza at New Delhi in India. According to them:

If an iPhone is under warranty then you can’t opt for the INR 2000 Paid battery replacement. The iPhone first has to be out of warranty for that.

All of us know that’s non sense. Apple would never punish somebody who bought AppleCare and is willing to spend his own money on repair. That’s effectively telling me to not buy AppleCare the next time. Obviously Apple never does such silly stuff.

Can you please set B2X in India straight? When I talked to Apple Global Support about the same, they said any service provider can maintain their own set of policies and that Apple can’t help that.

We all know that is utter tosh. Can you please help me out with this ridiculous level of service.

Anybody would laugh if you tell them Apple would ever treat anybody like that. Makes no sense. I don’t know how such people get to show Apple in such poor light. They shouldn’t be allowed to misquote and misrepresent a great brand like Apple.

Please help me out. And please help out your other customers by making your hiring for vendors more stringent.

Can I expect a response Tim?

Looking forward to doing business together.
    Thank You so much and God Bless!

Aakshey Talwar

To give you a background about myself, I’m Aakshey Talwar.
    I’m an Apple addict.
    Apple devices I own at present:

iPhone 7 Jet Black 128 GB
    iPad Pro 10.5 Silver LTE 256 GB
    iPad Pro 10.5 Space Grey LTE 256 GB
    MacBook Air 11” Early 2014
    Apple TV 4K 64 GB
    AirPort Extreme 6th Gen
    Apple Pencil
    AirPods
    Apple Smart Battery Case for iPhone 7
    AppleCare for every single Apple product I ever bought. Unfortunately, I was refused AppleCare for Apple Pencil, AirPods and Smart Battery Case.

And everybody in my family uses an iPhone. Those who don’t have been gifted an iPhone by my dad.

Just to tell you, that I’ve been committed to Apple. But not to get ridiculed by your customer service Tim.

2. willmtaylor, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I hope not. I hope he doesn’t waste his time with such an asinine request, and it isn’t even an Apple Store!

92% is still fine. Mine is at 90%. Batteries are a consumable and your device isn’t being throttled.

There are bigger things to worry about in life than counting your Apple products and fretting over 8%.

3. aakshey thread starter macrumors 65816

aakshey

Are you kidding me? I’m not asking for a free replacement. As per Apple’s policies anybody can pay and get their battery replaced.

Which is being denied in India.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Not kidding. It’s a waste of time and resources.

5. teeshot44 macrumors regular

teeshot44

To me, B2X looks like an Apple Authorized Service Center NOT and Apple store. And yes, Authorized Centers can and do make their own rules.

6. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Which is exactly why Apple (or Tim or any other corporation in a similar situation) can and will jerk you around. You are already committed, addicted and will buy only Apple products. They have no incentive for them to do the right thing. Apple will respond if its customers make them "earn" every purchase in the market place.

If you are willing to hand over your money to Apple, no matter what they do to you and your family, then the incentive on Apple's part is to absolutely do anything and everything to spend no money on you. Its their fiduciary responsibility.

7. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Agreed.

The $29 battery replacement is clearly a subsidized price. Apple relies on the network of Apple Service Providers in areas where they have zero corporate presence, i.e. India. It makes sense for the ASP to set up reasonable rules.

8. aakshey thread starter macrumors 65816

aakshey

Lol. But why would they allow said replacements out of warranty but no within warranty? Give me one good reason!

9. willmtaylor, Apr 3, 2018

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It’s a waste of fiscal resources. It’s a waste of employees’ time. It’s bad for the environment.

There’s 3. Need more?

10. -Gonzo- macrumors 6502

-Gonzo-

So are you even experiencing any issues with your iPhone and were you even concerned before the most recent update that showed you this information.
    IMO if your phone is working fine then just carry on using it until the time comes that the battery needs to be replaced.
    Seems totally bonkers to replace a battery just for the sake of it.

11. Chuck Kostalnick macrumors demi-god

Chuck Kostalnick

You're more than welcome to contact Apple Support and request to send your device in for service. This will bypass the 3rd party support company that you're unhappy with, and you'll be working directly with Apple.

12. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Being in India you will have to abide by Apple's rules for India. India has their own distribution and you would fall under their rules.

13. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

I've said it before and said it again. These open letter threads are lame.

14. westislander, Apr 3, 2018

westislander macrumors member

westislander

I'd have to agree with willmtaylor. At 92% battery capacity, I don't see why in the world you'd want to replace your battery and flush your (or your dad's money) down the drain.

I doubt you'd even see a noticeable gain in battery life if you replaced it. Your phone isn't being throttled and it's not going to be for a while. Heck, you may even upgrade your phone before it reaches that point being that you're an "Apple addict".

I don't believe you have a case and I highly doubt you'll get what you're looking for from Tim or Apple.

15. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

These^^^^.

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/pricing

https://www.apple.com/batteries/service-and-recycling/

Batteries are a consumable, there is no apparent defect with the battery, so, no cheap replacement.

16. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

17. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

It probably is just me (at least based on reading these forums), but if you do any kind of "official" correspondence, and expect to be taken seriously, don't refer to people you don't know personally by their first name only. Especially if you sign the letter with both your own first, and last names.

But since some people on this forum seem to get a kick out of "Tim", "Timmy" etc., I've come to kind of expect this as par for the course here. In any case, a little respect can go a long way, not just in this case but in general.

18. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

If your battery is still good why would they replace it even if you insist? You have AppleCare+ so if it fails within the warranty period they’ll take care of it anyway. Seems like a waste of time and resources to me

19. timeconsumer macrumors 68000

timeconsumer

What issue or issues are you having with your battery being at 92%? Your battery should still support the peak performance at 92%.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Because at 92% your battery is fine.

21. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

1. Minimize frivolous service requests and prioritize customers with truly degraded batteries (i.e. iPhone 6).

2. If your battery is considered defective in materials and workmanship, i.e. under 80% capacity, it would be replaced free of charge within the warranty period.

3. Unlike Apple Stores, local ASPs don't have time or resources to deal frivolous service requests.

22. 960design macrumors 68030

The store does not fix your device, because under warranty it would be a free replacement, under paid service it is subsidized. The NOT AN APPLE store does not receive any money back from Apple, so they would be eating the cost. They have chosen not to do so.

Tim will ask you to visit your nearest Apple Store and they will be more than happy to help you.

23. nfl46 macrumors 604

92%? Just continue to use your phone. At 82%, I'd be a little concerned.

24. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Not Every concern or issue needs to be emailed directly to Tim Cook, which some of the guidelines are out of his control. Granted he doesn’t always respond, which he likely has a legal advisors that does. But if he responded to every single email about a battery complaint, it would be complete chaos.

25. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Agreed... but, man, if I got thousands of emails about an issue, I just might want to look into the problem. :D

And everyone must understand that Tim Cook does not read every email that is addressed to him... still, trending issues communicated via email can be an effective way of communicating the problem.