Just got 13" MBP; weird Chrome issue. Didn't find much searching

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jhkaplan, Oct 5, 2010.

1. jhkaplan macrumors regular

I just got my 13" C2D MBP this afternoon. After installing Chrome, I noticed that the two finger scroll was extremely touchy and fast. I tested it in Safari and it was much smoother, and it was much smoother and easier in the rest of the OS.

Has anyone else had this issue where scrolling in chrome is so much faster than in other parts of the OS?

Thanks!

2. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

I think you posted this in wrong forum, but my MBP hasn't had that issue.

3. jhkaplan thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, wasn't sure what forum to post it in. Just got my MBP today; my first multi-touch MBP. I figured this was the place that others might have the same issue and have some advice.

4. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

Oh, I saw this in the Mac Pro thread. What the crazy is going on?! Mac apps is a fine place for this thread. Sorry about that. You can also trying posting in the Macbook Pro forum to see if you can get more responses.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'm not really sure how to help you with the information you have provided. could you be a bit more specific please?

Just for the record, Chrome works fine on my MBP 13" C2D.

6. jhkaplan thread starter macrumors regular

It was in the MBP forum. I think it was moved...?

7. jhkaplan thread starter macrumors regular

Two finger scroll is just very touchy and fast. If you put try to use the 2 finger scroll, the scrolling just flies, way faster than in any other apps. Changing the tracking speed to a smaller setting helps, but then it's snail slow in other parts. Right now my scrolling speed in settings is on the 3rd notch from the right, yet I can hardly control it when scrolling in Chrome. It flies!

8. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

Oh, yeah here it is. That's actually the Mac Pro forum.

This is the Macbook Pro forum.

9. jhkaplan thread starter macrumors regular

Oops. either way, it was moved to the Apps section now. Hopefully someone else has this issue and sees it here.

10. jhkaplan thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like it was an issue with the Chrome add on 'Smooth Scroll'. Having that enabled (from using it w/ Chrome on my PC) led to the super quick scroling. Uninstalling it put things back to normal.

/thread

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Glad to know you solved your problem.