Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoshibirdofan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hello, I just received a 4S for Christmas, and compared to my 4, the screen is very dull, will this go away on its own, or do I need to exchange?

jmjoh122

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
VA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hello, I just received a 4S for Christmas, and compared to my 4, the screen is very dull, will this go away on its own, or do I need to exchange?

take it back to apple and tell them what is going on and they should replace it. It is not suposed to have a yellow tint at all. like the post above me said, it probably wont go away.

yoshibirdofan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
I know that the 4S's had this problem when it was first released, but it's been 2 months...This sucks

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Post a picture of it. Also, from experience, give it two weeks for the screen to settle in. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. I had 2 4S phones and they both had the warmer color. After a few weeks, the screens started showing their true colors. No joke.

If it doesn't change after that, then go from there.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
London
Also got one for Christmas with a yellow tint. I asked when I bought it if I could return it if it had a yellow screen and he said yes. I said it was a Christmas present so he said I got 14 days to return it after Christmas day.

My old iPhone 4 looks great so I might take that to show them just invade I have any problems

ecwhite4S

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Also got one for Christmas with a yellow tint. I asked when I bought it if I could return it if it had a yellow screen and he said yes. I said it was a Christmas present so he said I got 14 days to return it after Christmas day.

My old iPhone 4 looks great so I might take that to show them just invade I have any problems

Mine seemed a little yellowish when I first activated it, but after over a week, it seems to get better and better. Dunno if it's my eyes adjusting, or what.. I actually prefer a warmer looking display, it's easier on the eyes. But if you want, take it to Apple, can't promise that the next wont have the same thing.

Marinsky

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2011

Please help me?? I dont know how to post a question...

chuck67

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
It will not go away, if your happy with it keep it. if you want a neutral color screen ask for an exchange. but be warned you may have to exchange more then once before you get one thats normal. good luck

lewys

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
London
It will not go away, if your happy with it keep it. if you want a neutral color screen ask for an exchange. but be warned you may have to exchange more then once before you get one thats normal. good luck

Because its still in the 14 day period do we get a brand new one in a box or a refurb from out the back? If it is a new boxed one should I per order one te night before at 9pm as that's the only way you can buy one in my store a they are still so popular.

Eager Beaver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2011
Chicago, IL

And hope the next one don't have the battery issues -

took them 17 months to polish up the iphone4, seems as if they took 1 step forward, and 2 steps back -

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
Ive put all my iPhones beside each other

from the 3G to 4s

The latest is definitely warmer in appearance and therefore more yellow.

Both me and my wife have a 4s, both exactly the same and besides the 3G, it makes the 3G look blue. So it ultimately is down to which colour temperature you prefer.

I noticed out of the box my macbook air 2011 model also had a yellow cast/tint. Perhaps apple are choosing to ship with this adjusted colour temperature. Personally i think they need to pull it down a level. I can change it on my mba but not on my iPhone. However, it doesn't bother me on the iPhone, the screen still looks excellent and white is white and black is black.

If it is clearly yellow and white is not crisp white then the panel must have a manufacturing defect or outside the error tolerance for colour temperature.

chuck67

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
Because its still in the 14 day period do we get a brand new one in a box or a refurb from out the back? If it is a new boxed one should I per order one te night before at 9pm as that's the only way you can buy one in my store a they are still so popular.

Im not sure. i returned mine for a refund and never went back. on my iphone 4 i exchanged phones 3 times and each time they were refurbs done through verizon. hope this helps, and i hope you can get one with a good screen. its definetly a gamble.

robot62155

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2011

Please help me?? I dont know how to post a question...
Go to thread tools and click post a thread or something like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.