Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjhassan

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
I have a black leather case on my 5S. I am debating if I should go with black again or the brown. I really like the idea of the brown with my space gray iphone 6 but wonder how it will age over time. I don't mind the worn in look.

Black on black or brown on black? Any thoughts?

I was originally going to go with black, but thought to get the brown one instead for my space grey 6.

Although initially I wasn't sure about the decision, it's growing on me. The leather is getting a bit darker already from the oils in my hands. It looks classy.

abl978

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2013
Just lucked up and got the last black leather case for my space gray 6 from the Upper West Side store… I like it; will probably pick up the midnight blue when I see it available in store.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I hope this helps for those asking for Space Gray and Brown...

Sweet! The brown leather case looks amazing on the space gray iPhone. I am sold on that combo! Apple calls it an olive brown. Looks like it will patina into a nice antique brown.

EngenZerO

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Denver, CO
Sweet! The brown leather case looks amazing on the space gray iPhone. I am sold on that combo! Apple calls it an olive brown. Looks like it will patina into a nice antique brown.

To be honest I ended up taking the brown back... It is a nice combo, but I felt the brown was a little too shiny and a shade darker that I would have preferred...I ended up going black leather and am way happier with that combo...

gulu100

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Do you think they will let me return my black leather case I am already using for the navy? I threw away the package already but have the receipt..

imnofanboy

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Calling this a "pink" case is going to turn a lot of people off of a case that is actually a "parchment" color or a very light beige. I had the beige for the 5S, and this is no different. Best color, IMO, but it'll wear pretty fast. I don't mind that.

This is actually very nice. Thanks for posting this. I was initially turned off on the color when looking at it on apple's website. It goes great with a white iPhone, but I'm afraid to will dirty fast. Your picture of your old beige phone case with patina actually does look good tho. Hmm...

levels

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Can someone please post pics of the midnight blue on the Space Grey? Can't seem to decide between Olive and Blue

I'm not able to take a pic of it right now on my space grey 6+, but I HIGHLY recommend the midnight blue color. I was also on the fence btwn the midnight blue and the black, but decided to get the blue and did a instore pickup first thing yesterday morning. When I got to the apple store they had no blues left but luckily they hold you one when you do instore pickup. The color is a very dark blue in person, which I love.

imnofanboy

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Quick question - the leather case - does it provide enough space/clearance to keep the camera from touching surface?

AWDV8TT

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
I do know I'm having issues uploading pics from my phone to this thread now. Wonder if they're too big. Hm. Wasn't an issue from my 5.

Want to show some pics of my silver/blue

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I just came home from the Apple Store with a black one. It was between it, blue and brown and in the end I felt the black was going to look the best and I think I made the right choice.

jettie1767

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2003
New Jersey, USA
I picked up the Olive Brown leather case this afternoon and it goes well with the gold 6+. Happy camper here. I wish the bottom part was covered though.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
These cases are horribly flimsy for $54. They bend and flex like they are TPU.

Also, with Apple cutting the bottom portion out, you are leaving a large area exposed.

I am returning it.

I wish Spigen had Neo Hybrids in stock.

AWDV8TT

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
These cases are horribly flimsy for $54. They bend and flex like they are TPU.

Also, with Apple cutting the bottom portion out, you are leaving a large area exposed.

I am returning it.

I wish Spigen had Neo Hybrids in stock.

I felt the same way too until I installed it on the phone. Feels solid now. I think my favorite part is that the leather doesnt attract dust and permits a solid grip without ever sticking in a pocket.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
I think this case is much more about usability and cosmetics/feel than it is for protection. It does cover up all scuff-able areas other than the bottom, though. And you can put the phone face down with no reservations.

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
I bought the brown for my 6.

mvorbr.jpg

2zjhras.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.