Just got my iPhone 3GS - First Impressions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hecklerdanny, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Hey everyone. I just took a chance this morning and drove over to my local AT&T Store about 45 minutes after they had opened. I was looking for a 16gb iPhone 3GS in white, and they had ONE left!!

Very first impressions:

It does run very smoothly, and quickly. However, in Apple's built in apps, I don't think you notice the speed increase very much unless you're comparing it side by side with a regular iPhone 3G...and to be honest, even then, opening SMS, photos, Sarafi, it's just BARELY faster on the 3GS...But this thing IS snappy. I'm assuming I'll notice much faster load times when I get some 3rd party apps on it later.

I don't yet notice a different in the quality of the pictures taken. Granted all of them so far have been in indoor/less than ideal lighting conditions. The autofocus DOES work quite well though.

The video recording works VERY well! The quality is very nice, by far the best I've personally seen on a mobile phone. It's also a snap to edit and trim the video. Really fun to use! So far for me, the video recording was worth the price of admission!

That's all I got so far! Maybe I'll update later when I can get it home and get some apps on it.

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

WHAT! You're killing my excitement I am have right now.

3. ryvetted macrumors member

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Oh man, you're killin' me too. I was at my Rogers store earlier (I had my manager hold a white 32GB for me) and the system was all bogged down and was taking forever, so they just took my info down and are going to activate it and call me later to come pay and pick it up. I'm so anxious right now, can't wait!