Just got my Leopard 10.5.1, but have problem installing. Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by littlekenneth, Jan 28, 2008.

1. littlekenneth macrumors member

Hi,

My upgrade version of the Leopard 10.5.1 has just arrived. I have tried to follow the instruction from the booklet. After I insert the DVD into the cd rom, it doesn't show the installation box. I tried to click on the CD symbol of the Mac OS X upgrade DVD icon, but it refresh the desktop and didn't do anything. I would like to know if anyone here can give me instruction to install the upgrade of the Leopard.

My computer have Mac OS10.4, so I am trying to upgrade the OS to 10.5. Thanks

2. bobhammer macrumors member

bobhammer

Try to unplug all the usb device, plug only the keyboard and mouse, hope it helps!!

3. littlekenneth thread starter macrumors member

I am sorry. The one i have is a MacBookPro. i have unpluged the usb port.

Any ideas?

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

If you double-click on the icon of the DVD on your Desktop, you should get an open Finder window per the attached image. Double-click on the "Install Mac OS-X" icon and you should get a restart dialog.

Otherwise, leave the DVD in the drive while you restart the computer and hold down the "C" key. This should force it to restart on the DVD.

If that still doesn't work, try restarting while holding down the option key, then select the install DVD from the bootable volumes shown.

Attached Files:

5. littlekenneth thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Gr8tfly for your instruction. I finally got it work with your instruction. The new Leopard looks really good. Thanks again.

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Glad that helped! I think you're going to enjoy Leopard.