just got my phone!! :D

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicholas.C, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

OMG! this Rentina screen is amazing!

Oh yeah, I've just tried to reproduce the reception issue, NO problems that i can report.

2. fhd4 macrumors member

Congrats,,,

I guess you are the first to get the phone from July 2nd batch... :)

3. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, I think I am.

OK, I can touch the low-left bottum corner and it'll drop only one bar.

4. ARSC macrumors 6502

maybe they have fixed the issue in this batch.

5. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

Dude, i hope your ****** right..... I really really hope so man...

EDIT: srry, i forgot to tell you congrats in the excitement witrh the above post..

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

6. ARSC macrumors 6502

^^ hope so, mine ships on 20th july will get on 27th so ;)

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wishful thinking considering how many people can't reproduce the reception issue on their 1 week old iPhone 4s.

8. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Damn!! Everyone is making me so jealous. I CANNOT WAIT to get mine :)...hopefully this week, it's been a week today (well, now I guess yesterday) since I got on the priority list.

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Congrats man. You'll love all the little tweaks and big new features. The retna display kicks ass and it's wicked fast. And luckily you don't have the reception issue. Enjoy.

10. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

11. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

But maybe some of the iphones have had a problem in the factory of which they were made??? maybe?

12. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I've seen a lot of people posting that they can MAKE the bars drop, but it hasn't been a flood of people actually stating they have serious call/data dropping issues (there are some, but not nearly as many as can simply make the bars drop by purposely shorting the antenna)...if this call dropping issue was HALF as widespread as some people would like you to believe it is, there would be lines for miles outside every Apple and AT&T store with people retuning the phones... :rolleyes:
    There are nearly 2,000,000 iPhone 4's in the market already...it's pretty safe to say that MOST people aren't returning the phones...

13. ARSC macrumors 6502

have to agree on that.

14. Clown Boy macrumors regular

Mine is pretty f*cked, dropped 3 out of 4 calls I made yesterday and I can make it go from 5 bars to 1 bar just by holding it.

Pretty nasty actually.

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Very good point. I wonder, though, how many are buying into the mass hysteria and returning the phone based on the ability to make the bars drop rather than actual dropped calls.

16. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I think the "hysteria" is dying down and only the people having "real use" issues seem to be the ones returning or swapping the phones...outside of these types of forums, everyone else I know that has an iPhone 4 has no idea about this issue and think the phones are great...
    I remember a similar "panic" here with the 3G and 3GS "yellow screen flaw" where the typical "sky is falling" "Apple is evil" "Steve is screwing us again" crowd was trying to convince everyone else that EVERY PHONE SUFFERS FROM THIS ISSUE!!!!1111!!!! We even had the usual "your're either blind and can't see the defect or an Apple FanBoy in denial" posts by the hundreds...:rolleyes:

Again, YES! SOME people are having real use issues dropping calls and or data with the iP4 and for them I feel sympathy as it sux to get a defective iPhone especially after waiting in line for hours to get it, but it is certainly not MOST people as the alarmists would have us think...

17. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

NO it's the same phone no difference!!

18. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

and i have mine for more than a week

also the signal problems dont happen right away. try in 3 days and you will have it. happened to mine.

19. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

I'm interested to see if the signal problem is still there on the new batch. Remember the week 37 iPod touches with bad screens? That batch was bad, but the rest were fine.

Anyway, OP, congratulations on the iPhone!

20. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

My iPhone CAN produce the problem, however it has no problem to me, as it only drops at max two bars.

This batch is fauty still.

21. fhd4 macrumors member

it is very doubtful that the reception problem is batch related.

22. Tedsallis macrumors newbie

Tedsallis

We got ours on the 29th at AT&T store and have had NO problems. Camera pics look good, no yellow blotches on screens and reception is fine. We did put them in Belkin cases pretty much immediately so that most likely eliminated the possibility of the reception issue anyway, not sure what to think of people who insist on running this thing naked. Ah, not my place to judge I guess.
    Anyway we really enjoy the phone and are over the moon at all the things it can do and kind of roll our eyes at all the yammering and complaining about it.:rolleyes:

I think a lot of the hysteria stems from the media center being in New York, one of the most notoriously overloaded networks in the country. I'm in North Florida and the coverage is great and we're a LOT more spread out so the network is not nearly as strained so everything seems to be working great. My advice for the haters is return it or move!

23. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Enjoy your new iPhone. ;)

24. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

TO OP..............

Aside from the reception issue the other HUGE issue is the Proximity Sensor. Do me a favor and make a call for a few minutes and put it up to you phone and keep it flush with your ear but move around a bit and let us know if the screen comes on and you press keys, turn on the speaker, put calls on hold or start facetime etc.

That is really in all reality the biggest issue with this phone... curious if your new batch has this issue... or at least your phone anyway.

25. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

YAY!!!!! :)

ok.... so is this your first iphone? or are you all excited cuz you were finally able to upgrade?