iPhone 11 Just got my pickup email for tomorrow!

itsjonathan

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2019
Dallas, TX
Got both of mine, the 830 am came before 8 am which I thought was odd because I ordered the 8 am first and it’s the same phone but oh well needless to say I’m getting them both tomorrow.

GloriousAndrew

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2017
I just got mine too. I wish I could go before work but that would make me late. I have to wait all the way until 430 to pick my phone up. 😢

carlos916

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I just got the email as well should I try to go pick it up today even though I have an appointment tomorrow in the afternoon. Do you guys think they will give it to me today LOL😬

VL_424

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Received mine also. Is your QR image broken? Mine just shows the text and not the QR itself

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Got mine too! That App Store notification scared me since I’ve never heard it’s sound before lol.. got the email as well :)

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Finally got mine just now. The watch email let me add to wallet, the phone email didn’t. Weird.

aFlockaCgulz

Suspended
Aug 21, 2019
Received mine also. Is your QR image broken? Mine just shows the text and not the QR itself
yes, mine is broken, but I’m not overly worried as I have the order number right there and my driver’s license.

ETA: just check the order in the Apple store app and it has changed to ready for pickup. Can’t do it until the specified time tomorrow but I think it’s safe to say my device is sitting in a room with other iPhones less than 10 miles from me, waiting to be picked up.

carlos916

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Hey guys I tried my luck I was nearby plus I had exchanged a case since i got the wrong size but I tried my luck the genius was Ready to bring out my phone she scanned it and we were ready to process the order until her boss came out and said don’t do it!! Hahah so there is a glitch in the system and people shouldn’t be getting The option to pick up until tomorrow bahaha I almost had it gents lol :p

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2006
TX
I got mine. This is my first time doing in store pick up as well as using the iUP program. I hope this goes smoother than all my other Apple Store purchases.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
My theory (based on doing these for one of the two largest US Carriers) is that the e-mail gets sent out when the Apple store employees scan the item into their inventory. That immediately triggers the email to the customer. So order and pickup time probably doesn’t matter too much. Again, just a theory.

Reactions: jenjen80

northofnowhere

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm in the same boat....just got my two emails for tomorrow, for my phone and my watch. Pickup time 1130-1200 noon. Can't wait!!!
Also my QR code is doing the same thing....just numbers, no code.

gsucyclist

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2014
Got mine earlier as well! It’s exciting to know my phone is sitting in that store right now as we speak

andrewj

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
Not one single chance! Lol
To follow up, I called the Apple store (and after a 30 minute wait on hold), was told that the store was too busy processing orders to allow for pick up today (pick up today would have been too good to be true!).

• Haha
Reactions: penajmz