Just got off the phone with AT&T....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FatherAwesome, Jun 6, 2010.

1. FatherAwesome macrumors newbie

....I was just calling to see if i was eligible for an upgrade, after he told me that I wasnt allowed to access the information on my fathers account and that he would have to call my father and ask him if he could let me know that information. I told him not to worry about it, I just knew that the new iPhone was coming out and wanted to see if I could get one...He changed his tone real fast and said "well the last I heard, they are only sending the new phone to the bigger cities to test them...&...It could be awhile before it gets down to the smaller cities"......lol

this is my favorite part...LMAO

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Cool story bro, but 100% false with the bigger city story.

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

LMAOOOOO. BS on the rep. Good thing you have us to help.

4. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

5. FatherAwesome thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I know, just wanted to let everyone know of At&t infinite stupidy;)

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Uh I think smaller cities will see the iPhone. :cool:

7. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

um.... is he retarded? tho even if true i got new york so i winz :D

8. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Aww man, I'm in Ardmore. Small suburb with a nice Apple store though.

9. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

I believe that it will also be available in towns!

10. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

All your bass are belong to us.

11. FatherAwesome thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL:D:D:D

12. FatherAwesome thread starter macrumors newbie

All you base belong to us.
    ;)

13. calvy macrumors 65816

It's not infinite stupidity as you claim. They are trained to answer questions this way so that you'll still go out and buy a current model phone, thus not cannibalizing sales before a new iPhone is announced.

14. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Just wanted to mention that all the AT&T representatives that I have talked to in the past has never once offered to call the account holder for me. I used to always get the last four digits confused, and they were never volunteering to call for me.

I never understood what the big deal really was anyway since half the time I was calling about the bill. I pay the thing and have called several times (with being an authorized user on the account). You need to talk to me or else you do not get your money. Stupid companies!

15. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I swear the 611 reps get more ignorant every time I call.

16. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

17. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Is that second option legit, since it asks for the last 4 digits of your SSN?

18. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I was wondering the same thing. So does this mean I get an iPhone and $301 from AT&T?

(obviously I know I wouldn't)

EDIT: I just realized that the 3G model is no longer an option on apple.com, i'm sure their sold out.

19. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Whats up with AT&T's employees these days lying to the customers, do they do it on purpose or they lie becuse they actually dont know any information about the new iPhone?

20. UnknownMacNoob macrumors member

They actually don't know any information about the new iPhones until the minute they are announced. I went today and talked to a ATT worker and he said that last year he was in the middle of ringing a customer up (this was while WWDC was going on) and he checked the blogs and saw they dropped the price of the 3G. He said he canceled the customers order and re-rang them up and sure enough, it came up to be 100 bux cheaper. He said he had no prior knowledge of it and I believe him. ATT reps don't know anything and should say they don't instead of adding their personal beliefs and such.

21. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

Yeah. Though, I do love the responses they'll give sometimes. Back in May, the manager told me that "there may not be one this year". In response to the leaks, a new employee went to another employee, not knowing how to respond, said, "Some are saying it's a knock-off."

But, the "testing it on bigger cities" comment is pretty hilarious.

22. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Wow - I was going to post that the site must not be reliable since it was telling me I was eligible, and I'd just checked via *639# yesterday where AT&T said I had to wait till Dec 2010.

Tried the number again - got the text I'm eligible. :D Not likely to use it especially given the ETF increase, but it's nice to have in case. AT&T must really want to lock me in again, I got a 3GS last year and only increased my voice plan to include Canada + int roaming about a month ago.

23. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

the new ETF is really bugging me too, but when I checked my AT&T account a few weeks ago i was reminded that I've been a customer since 2002 and I got to thinking, I'm not planning on leaving AT&T anytime soon. So AT&T has me locked in.

24. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm not especially loyal to AT&T being in NYC. :p I'd be happy to jump back to Verizon if/when it ever comes, and chances are it will by the time my contract ends...or I might finally try Android once I see for myself how well Flash runs on Froyo. But honestly I could be satisfied with the 3GS one more year. Guess Apple did too good a job in this case lol. ;)

25. TempleDoc macrumors newbie

Nice! That's where I plan on getting my phone if I can get there on launch day! Coming over from Manayunk maybe I will see you there...