Just got the 6+ Seidio Surface case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by edlex, Sep 26, 2014.

1. edlex, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Can you please share pics of this case when you get a sec - would love to see the thickness compared to the leather case as well

Loved these cases for older devices - same nice matte feel as previous generations?

Thanks

3. jpw16 macrumors member

jpw16

4. Samar7 macrumors member

Could we see some pics please?

5. edlex thread starter macrumors 68000

edlex

Same exact feel as their other cases. I'll try to get some pics up over the weekend.

6. gage006 macrumors regular

gage006

Some reviews say it fits a bit loose in the case. Any problem?

7. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

Sounds like typical seidio

8. ihonda macrumors 68000

Yep. BB sells this exact setup for $35, I bought then returned however I just got a full body skin, I'm gonna apply it when it arrives and rebuy the surface to see if its tight again

9. edlex thread starter macrumors 68000

edlex

Actually yes. After further observation the phone does move ever so slightly in the case and ANY movement is unacceptable. I will be contacting them on Monday to see what the options are. I'll keep you guys informed. I am loving the holster with the Apple leather case though so I'm definitely keeping it.

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

Best practice is to at least have a link to the case in your original post.

11. edlex thread starter macrumors 68000

edlex

12. bartonjd macrumors member

Yes please keep us updated, I have been watching the Seidio Surface page on amazon for a week now waiting for reviews, but haven't seen any.

I would love to get this case but if you are unable to get your ticket resolved then I may not buy it.

13. newone757 macrumors 6502

The matte metallic-ish royal blue one is beautiful. And I agree, the holster is actually a nice one. Had the last one at Mt best buy in my hands...should have bought it honestly. Might have to go back and hope they still have it. Their stock was destroyed lol

If the blue one had a kickstand like the black one they had I would have bought it on first sight

14. edlex thread starter macrumors 68000

edlex

I sent them an email yesterday and I'm waiting for a response. Meanwhile I've been using the surface holster every day with the Apple leather case and I love it. I also bought an Apple silicone case yesterday and it fits perfectly in the holster as well.

15. Reminisce32, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

Reminisce32 macrumors regular

Reminisce32

Is the kick-stand that metal part on the back of the case or is it part of the holster? And does the phone have any lip protection in the front for drops?

16. edlex thread starter macrumors 68000

edlex

The keickstand is part of the case. It cannot hold up the phone vertically only horizontal. It does have a lip to keep the screen and camera from touching when you lay it down. I wouldn't consider this protection in case of drops unless it is from a very short distance. These cases are more for general scuff and scratch protection and improved grip.

17. dmylrea, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

dmylrea macrumors 68020

dmylrea

I also have this case (the Best Buy, identical version) and also notice a slight looseness of the iphone 6 in the case. I can probably slide a little something in the case to make the fit more firm.

Update: I took the protective plastic sheet that was covering the phone when I took it out of the box and cut the back portion off, and applied it to the back of the phone and put it back in the case. Now, not only is the back of the phone more protected from dust/dirt, but it is now firmer in the case. Free fix. :)

More of an issue, though, is the lightning port opening is too small for some lightning tips, including the Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter and the 2m Apple Lightning USB cable. Unfortunately, I had to sand down the plastic around the tip of the connector to make it thinner so that it fully inserts.

----------

Actually, the holster/case w/kickstand option is $40. Without kickstand is $35.

Identical item, just rebranded as PLATINUM (a BestBuy brand) so good savings.

18. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I have this on backorder on Amazon. I'm sad to hear you can't prop the phone up vertically, and the loose case also has me worried.

19. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I did something similar at first, before I returned it. Acceptable solution, but I'd rather just see if they re-release it correctly at some point.

20. dmylrea macrumors 68020

dmylrea

Since I am BB Elite Plus, I have 45 days to "try it out" and still be able to return it. Between now and then, I am waiting to find the ultimate leather vertical holster w/swivel clip. This will do for now, though...

21. edlex thread starter macrumors 68000

edlex

Ok so I just got off the phone with Seidio and apparently there is a "revised" version of the Surface case for the 6+. They are shipping it to me today. I will update everyone as soon as I get it.

22. ihonda macrumors 68000

whats so revised

23. bartonjd macrumors member

I assume revised means it isnt loose. So heres a question, is the surface for the 6 loose as well, will they be releasing a revised 6 version as well?

24. edlex thread starter macrumors 68000

edlex

He didn't say but they're sending it with a return label for the defective one.

----------

That's what I implied about revised too. He asked me if I wanted a refund or a replacement. I asked him if all the cases were made loose like the one I received. He said no that there was a revised version that he could send me so I told him to go ahead and send it. We'll see when I get it