Just got through - here's a possible tip:

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tomw7, Jun 15, 2010.

1. tomw7 macrumors newbie

Use Google Chrome. I was stuck at the "We are unable to connect at this time" and "Pick up in store" screen with FireFox. I downloaded Chrome, fired it up, and had almost no problems at all.

Good luck!

EDIT: Should have probably made a better title, oh well. Too late to edit now :(

2. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

3. hippo206 macrumors 6502

4. tomw7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to hear :(. Keep trying, use both browsers. I noticed that mine shot right through on Chrome. Didn't lag at all like it had on FireFox (almost instantly went through and wanted my Apple ID).

Also, mine said the preorder was for $699. I believe others are having this issue, so I will just make sure I bring documentation on launch day.

5. pab277 macrumors regular

i did notice a difference when using chrome compared to firefox (although i still haven't been able to get through)

6. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I'm on Chrome with no luck. Keeps hanging on "Please wait while we access your AT&T account information". How long should I wait before retrying? I mean, if it hangs for a certain amount of time, is it safe to say it's not going to go through, or should I keep waiting on that screen indefinitely?

7. sillyrabbit137 macrumors newbie

8. tomw7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure...all I can tell you is that Chrome went very fast for me. I downloaded, installed, and successfully reserved my iPhone via Chrome and FireFox hadn't moved a bit. So for me, personally, I'd wait a couple minutes and try again.

9. wr1020 macrumors regular

I'm using chrome, i was able to get through but it won't give me the option to have it shipped to my house, just giving me the option to pick up in store, which i don't wanna do. Should i just keep trying or will it be like this for awhile.

10. tomw7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not necessarily anything inherent with the browser (tho I've heard Chrome is one of, if not the fastest right now). But the other advantage is you can use simultaneous browsers at once. You could probably even use Safari/IE at the same time as well.

11. findnemo macrumors regular

Better tip: use anything but Firefox.

Used safari and got past the check eligibility within seconds, but still hangs at ordering.

12. tomw7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wanted to reserve in store so that's what I did. Not sure if anyone has been able to get it shipped.

13. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

AT&T still doesn't show the iPhone 4 for me lol

14. shanew21 macrumors regular

15. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

LOL

16. moviecouple macrumors regular

Where is the Reserve on the Apple Website?

I get to the Reserve or Pre-Order and all it has is Pre-Order. Where is the actual reserve at a store section.

17. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

starting to get really pissed off now. I got through 3 times, all 3 times the price changed to full price in the end

18. Shorties macrumors 6502a

I did the same thing, but I wasn't getting past the AT&T thing, then my chrome loaded a: "Could not make reservation at this time" page, so I closed them all and loaded chrome again, and I got past the AT&T thing in like 20 seconds, but now I'm stuck at the processing information screen.

19. LoganT macrumors 68020

I tried buying it though iPhone Safari. It didn't work. I'm thinking I'm going to bed, hopefully they are still available when I wake up.

20. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

My last hour...

21. sillyrabbit137 macrumors newbie

yes chrome renders a web page the fastest of any browser currently..

but that wont help the problem of bottlenecked servers!!

22. Marcus72 macrumors member

THANK YOU TOMW7

I was waited an hour for apple.com to get thur to Att server using Internet Explorer. Everybody was doubting you that it was browser issue.

I downloaded google chrome, and I was able to reserve a 16g for my mom and 32g for myself within 5 minutes while internet explorer was still telling to wait.

Don't use internet Explorer.

23. shanew21 macrumors regular

I think just about anybody with knowledge of a computer could have told you not to use Internet Explorer. For anything. Ever.

24. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

And you wonder why the site is slammed. ROFL

25. shanew21 macrumors regular

Yeah, because everybody is doing that lol