Just Got Through On AT&T.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StPatty33, Jun 15, 2010.

1. StPatty33 macrumors 6502

StPatty33

[​IMG]

Approximately 1:10 pm MTN time.

I would have just put this in the success thread, but with AT&T being completely down so much today, I wanted to make sure people know there is still hope right now (I don't know how slim, but there IS hope!).

Spent probably a total of about 7 hours trying to get through.

Good luck, everyone!

2. mnilan macrumors member

+1

Mee too - got through at 2:40 EST and have order and confirmation numbers. Good luck to all@

3. rjg001 macrumors member

I've tried AT&T a handful of times and I've been able to get through, but I don't want to order from them for a couple of reasons:

1) I have an Apple gift card I would like to apply; and
    2) I would really prefer to deal with Apple as opposed to AT&T if I have a hardware problem.

I'm getting seriously annoyed at this point.

4. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

well, that is 2 of us!!! at about 3pm EST, I tried so many times to place my order with apple, but they would not let me, and att was not showing the I4 for the FAN accs... But the order has been placed, now I just want to see the status change to processing.... And then to shipped... I hope that goes better than the order process.

5. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Don't the Apple stores help you out with hardware problems even if you got it from att? I mean, it would be a warranty deal, so I'm guessing that they would help you out... But them again, what do I know...

6. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I got through AT&T.com at about 2:43 pm EDT via my FAN acct. Apparently what was happening with the FAN accounts that weren't showing the i4 was b/c maybe they were slowing updating everyone's acess. Just my opinion.

7. homerjfry macrumors regular

homerjfry

I got through at about 11:00 PDT. Question for all of you who got through: are you all FAN peeps?

A lot of my friends who are trying to get through and can't at all are not FAN people, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

8. ReallyOldGuy macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

AT&T won't fix your phone. They send you to Apple. Know of what you speak.

9. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

i hope you're right. i also got thru on a 2 line family plan with 2 16GBs. i'd rather deal with the apple store guys rather than at&t

also extra bonus that activation is waived when purchased thru at&t, according to their banner

10. bova80 macrumors 6502a

i got through on AT&T premier and this is was in the email i got:

Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Pre-orders will be fulfilled beginning June 24, 2010. Orders will ship on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify you by email when your order ships. Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

Note: Do not attempt to active your device until you have received it.

11. ACHAMED macrumors member

ACHAMED

I got through but didnt get an email?

12. bova80 macrumors 6502a

my email had all kinds of other info on it like how to activate my phone once i get it and all the order information. but i'm not posting that, haha

13. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

No credit card charged...no confirm email....who knows.

14. I AN LEGEND macrumors regular

got through also.. around 3:30 eastern.

not sure if i got an e-mail or not, since my dad is the primary user. checking with him.

15. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

This is so annoying, the Apple site just times out after a while and the ATT site won't let me select the iPhone 4, just keeps bringing me back to the same screen that tells me to pick my phone. This is so stupid.

16. Hrdluck13 macrumors member

Got through as well.. Spoke with AT&T rep who confirmed the order over the phone. He said the system is so backed up that emails will go out later and accounts will be charged this PM.

17. I AN LEGEND macrumors regular

question...

have you guys tried entering the Order Number you were given into the Order Status field? if so, what do you see?

18. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

i see this:

OS001: We're sorry but the information you entered was not recognized by our systems. Please contact us for further assistance.

my order was submitted about 1 hr ago

19. I AN LEGEND macrumors regular

yeah, i got the same thing.

hopefully this is because of the back up... i'd hate to have this feeling of relief get KILLED ... hahah.

20. Hrdluck13 macrumors member

The AT&T Rep. assured me everything was fine on thier end.. He said to expect my phone on or after the 24th. For peace of mind, when our accounts get charged or we get emails let's post in this thread..

21. jamanrr macrumors member

my order just went through as well on att.com website. Awesome. so happy :)

22. Back2theFuture macrumors newbie

I got this same message. When I checked my order status later it said that everything was on backorder but I ordered at 5 am this morning! Could my early order really be backordered?

23. AddingApple macrumors newbie

AddingApple

Order number

The e-mail I got said that order status would not be available until after 24 hours.

24. ashVID macrumors regular

Just got thru on AT&T as well. Apple is having its own server issues, even prior to hitting the AT&T site to confirm eligibility.

ash =o)

25. P Mentior macrumors regular

Just finished getting through myself. Got 2 black 32's but man was the site slow...