Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
the phone looks perfect like this. the black band and the all black back side. just looks amazing

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Wow, they ruined that video with the music. Unless the creator didn't license his original video creation he might want to know what people are doing to it. Way to go WSHH. I'm digging the comments section though.

rushluvr

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
I hope not. Its jut taller and skinnier than the current iphone and the resolution is obscure and flat out stupid, 1136x640? :rolleyes: Apple would have been much wiser going with a standard like, oh I dunno 1280x720? You know, those HD displays every other high end phone on the planet has had or is coming out with? I can only imagine how horrific it will be trying to text on a display that narrow and how retarded that will make websites look. Apple should just stick to music players and computers, they have apparently lost it when it comes to phones.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
If that is the new iPhone5; YAWN :rolleyes: Looks like a Hershey candy bar that tall.

Same design for a third year in a row. Oh wow, now it's a hair taller and thinner, but not wider uh ok...:rolleyes:

Same old iOS from 2007, same home screen full of app icons. Where is the innovation and magical fresh design Apple is known for ? This just seems like keeping it the same with a minor refresh, not rock the boat, just keep the ca$h flowing in.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
Just reading the comments has me even less optimistic about the future of the human race.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
If that is the new iPhone5; YAWN :rolleyes: Looks like a Hershey candy bar that tall.

Same design for a third year in a row. Oh wow, now it's a hair taller and thinner, but not wider uh ok...:rolleyes:

Same old iOS from 2007, same home screen full of app icons. Where is the innovation and magical fresh design Apple is known for ? This just seems like keeping it the same with a minor refresh, not rock the boat, just keep the ca$h flowing in.

What do you expect in terms of design? Keeping it the same width allows it still to be used one handed. I agree that iOS is in need of a major overhaul.

longhorns172006

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
Dallas, Tx
why? Because they prefer the S3 to the iphone on there? Hate to break it to you but ALOT of people prefer the S3 to the iPhone.

I think they are talking about the dialogue between the people. Not that they like another product.

Just reading the comments has me even less optimistic about the future of the human race.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
What do you expect in terms of design? Keeping it the same width allows it still to be used one handed

finally someone who did some research before commenting

you all can enjoy your s3's while using both your hands while i effortlessly use the 5 with one hand

s3 sucks anyway. friend has one and hates it, gaaaarbage

and samsung clearly bite off everything apple has since they're one billion dollars poorer now

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
Wow, they ruined that video with the music. Unless the creator didn't license his original video creation he might want to know what people are doing to it. Way to go WSHH. I'm digging the comments section though.

This! The design is sort of neat for a fan wank video, but oh my God, that music is a war crime against people with hearing.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
So because iOS has the same basic UI for the past 5 years, but how long has OS X been around? If the **** ain't broke, don't try and fix it and possibly piss off millions of average users who continue to use the iPhone because it's simple and intuitive. They are making progressive updates that add to the user experience instead of completely redesigning it from the ground up, and I personally think it's the best way to go. I don't want complete overhaul all at once and then have to relearn my phone to discover all the hidden little tricks and such again. If it was possible to start slowly changing certain aspects of the UI I would be down for that.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
What do you expect in terms of design? Keeping it the same width allows it still to be used one handed. I agree that iOS is in need of a major overhaul.

I and the vast majority of folks can use a 4.3in phone with one hand. I can use my S3 with one hand no problems.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012

My Nexus @ 4.65" is always used one handed, and very easy at that. My Wife also has the galaxy nexus, she is petite with small hands, never once complained it was too large :) I mean the phone.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
So because iOS has the same basic UI for the past 5 years, but how long has OS X been around? If the **** ain't broke, don't try and fix it and possibly piss off millions of average users who continue to use the iPhone because it's simple and intuitive. They are making progressive updates that add to the user experience instead of completely redesigning it from the ground up, and I personally think it's the best way to go.

I agree with you for the most part, but some things *are* broken and Apple doesn't seem to be aware that they need fixing. The Springboard made sense when the iPhone first came out, but with third party apps it's broken. Yes, folders helped a bit, but it still needs an overhaul to make managing and finding large numbers of apps easier.

I do find it strange that people seem fine with incremental software and hardware changes on the Mac side, but don't agree when Apple applies that same strategy to iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.