JUST IN :: IPHONE 5 first look*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Omacc, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Omacc macrumors member

2. longhorns172006 macrumors member

longhorns172006

3. ek9max macrumors regular

4. zhandri macrumors 6502

the phone looks perfect like this. the black band and the all black back side. just looks amazing

5. THEAnonymous macrumors member

6. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Did you even read the thread ??

7. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Wow, they ruined that video with the music. Unless the creator didn't license his original video creation he might want to know what people are doing to it. Way to go WSHH. I'm digging the comments section though.

8. rushluvr macrumors member

I hope not. Its jut taller and skinnier than the current iphone and the resolution is obscure and flat out stupid, 1136x640? :rolleyes: Apple would have been much wiser going with a standard like, oh I dunno 1280x720? You know, those HD displays every other high end phone on the planet has had or is coming out with? I can only imagine how horrific it will be trying to text on a display that narrow and how retarded that will make websites look. Apple should just stick to music players and computers, they have apparently lost it when it comes to phones.

9. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

10. longhorns172006 macrumors member

longhorns172006

Ya I thought it was a longer thread opener about how he did all of the drawing himself but I could not find that thread.

11. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

12. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

If that is the new iPhone5; YAWN :rolleyes: Looks like a Hershey candy bar that tall.

Same design for a third year in a row. Oh wow, now it's a hair taller and thinner, but not wider uh ok...:rolleyes:

Same old iOS from 2007, same home screen full of app icons. Where is the innovation and magical fresh design Apple is known for ? This just seems like keeping it the same with a minor refresh, not rock the boat, just keep the ca$h flowing in.

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Just reading the comments has me even less optimistic about the future of the human race.

14. rushluvr macrumors member

why? Because they prefer the S3 to the iphone on there? Hate to break it to you but ALOT of people prefer the S3 to the iPhone.

15. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

What do you expect in terms of design? Keeping it the same width allows it still to be used one handed. I agree that iOS is in need of a major overhaul.

16. longhorns172006 macrumors member

longhorns172006

I think they are talking about the dialogue between the people. Not that they like another product.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

17. white4s macrumors 65816

finally someone who did some research before commenting

you all can enjoy your s3's while using both your hands while i effortlessly use the 5 with one hand

s3 sucks anyway. friend has one and hates it, gaaaarbage

and samsung clearly bite off everything apple has since they're one billion dollars poorer now

18. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Not for long. More than a hundred million devices will run that resolution a year from now.

19. racer1441 macrumors 68000

This! The design is sort of neat for a fan wank video, but oh my God, that music is a war crime against people with hearing.

20. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Yep, they add a whopping 8 millimeters, and BAM, it suddenly looks like a bar of chocolate! Magic. :rolleyes:

21. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

1. I own an S3

2. I am referring more to the content/dialog/syntax.

22. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

So because iOS has the same basic UI for the past 5 years, but how long has OS X been around? If the **** ain't broke, don't try and fix it and possibly piss off millions of average users who continue to use the iPhone because it's simple and intuitive. They are making progressive updates that add to the user experience instead of completely redesigning it from the ground up, and I personally think it's the best way to go. I don't want complete overhaul all at once and then have to relearn my phone to discover all the hidden little tricks and such again. If it was possible to start slowly changing certain aspects of the UI I would be down for that.

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I and the vast majority of folks can use a 4.3in phone with one hand. I can use my S3 with one hand no problems.

24. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

My Nexus @ 4.65" is always used one handed, and very easy at that. My Wife also has the galaxy nexus, she is petite with small hands, never once complained it was too large :) I mean the phone.

25. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I agree with you for the most part, but some things *are* broken and Apple doesn't seem to be aware that they need fixing. The Springboard made sense when the iPhone first came out, but with third party apps it's broken. Yes, folders helped a bit, but it still needs an overhaul to make managing and finding large numbers of apps easier.

I do find it strange that people seem fine with incremental software and hardware changes on the Mac side, but don't agree when Apple applies that same strategy to iOS.