Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
At the WWDC they said the other person can say 'urgent' and the message will come through but it doesn't seem like there's a setting to allow text messages from a group in your Contacts.
That was for the driving version of DND, not sure if that applies to regular/"old" DND.

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
maybe I'm dumb, but I never get the 3d touch to work to launch the multitasking windows. It worked like 1-2 time when I tried really, really hard, but thats all lol.

Haha funny you say that a friend of mine who actually worked for apple had the same issue lol we chatted about that yesterday

I can't imagine double pressing a button to switch between apps any more, it just feels old and clunky now :p

Try setting 3D touch to Light press in the settings and imagine the entire left side of the screen where the bezel meets the display is a virtual button. You can either push in once and swipe between apps, or you can push it twice (remember the peek and pop? Light and harder press?) To bring up the multitask switcher only

Both very handy when committed to muscle memory!

This is all tangential to this thread however since iOS 11 seems to not support it anymore (which I cannot imagine they dropped support for it) or its a bug currently haha.

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
I just installed the beta 1 , even though i dont have a developer account .

For beta 1 is pretty buggy . Here are some screenshoots .

Feel free to ask any questions .

By any chance, does it cut to a full screen on incoming phone calls ?

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
A couple of questions about iOS 11:

Do Not Disturb

Has scheduling been improved, to allow selecting which weekdays the scheduled DND hours apply to?

I'd love to be able to set a schedule that enables DND automatically on weekdays during my working hours, but not on weekends. It's kind of the reverse for which DND scheduling was originally intended.

Facetime

Can you share live video of your device's screen with the other party?

I can't even begin to guess how many times this would have been useful for providing remote assistance to my family. If only I could see what they see.

Last edited:

nick19

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2014
London, UK
how is battery life
Battery life on my iPhone 6S isn't that great but certainly no worse than previous early betas. It will undoubtedly improve with later betas. Slightly better battery life on my iPad Air2. Overall it's not bad and have used both regularly over the last couple of days without any major issues, just a couple of apps that don't currently work.
[doublepost=1496938068][/doublepost]
Thank you!
Are the channels sorted alphabetically?
In iOS10 you can also sort by most recent and most viewed. Is that gone from iOS 11?
Channels are sorted alphabetically, and no way of sorting by most recent/viewed currently.
[doublepost=1496938281][/doublepost]
Do Not Disturb

Has scheduling been improved, to allow selecting which weekdays the scheduled DND hours apply to?

I'd love to be able to set a schedule that enables DND automatically on weekdays during my working hours, but not on weekends. It's kind of the reverse for which DND scheduling was originally intended.

No currently, same as iOS10 is that schedule applies to all days.
[doublepost=1496938476][/doublepost]
Facetime

Can you share live video of your device's screen with the other party?

I can't even begin to guess how many times this would have been useful for providing remote assistance to my family. If only I could see what they see.

No you can't. I use Team Viewer when I need to do remote support for others.

Reactions: k.alexander

k.alexander

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2010
Battery life on my iPhone 6S isn't that great but certainly no worse than previous early betas. It will undoubtedly improve with later betas. Slightly better battery life on my iPad Air2. Overall it's not bad and have used both regularly over the last couple of days without any major issues, just a couple of apps that don't currently work.
[doublepost=1496938068][/doublepost]
Channels are sorted alphabetically, and no way of sorting by most recent/viewed currently.
[doublepost=1496938281][/doublepost]

No currently, same as iOS10 is that schedule applies to all days.
[doublepost=1496938476][/doublepost]

No you can't. I use Team Viewer when I need to do remote support for others.

THANK YOU!

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
I use Team Viewer when I need to do remote support for others.

Thank you for answering those questions! As for TeamViewer, it would not be of help here as I meant supporting someone remotely with iOS problems. As in, seeing what is on their iPad screen, not laptop or desktop.

Uni Grad

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2015
Bloomberg News
Is it possible to change text weight to a lighter weight, because iOS 11 has really large and bolded headings, which frankly look hideous and waste space:

iOS-11-Control-Center-toggles.jpeg

nathasnajperowa

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2016
I noticed my BT audio seems muffled, less volume and dynamics. I compare iOS 11 vs iOS 10.3.3 betas on iPhone 7 plus. Listening to the music using same headphones of course. What are yours impression?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
The Files App shows all my files. If you just installed iOS 11, it may not be done indexing.
And seems that I either cannot upload files to iCloud Drive from other apps, nor can I save files to “on my iPhone” from other apps just yet. That is, files app in its current state is useless.
[doublepost=1496966655][/doublepost]
is bedtime mode still part of the alarm clock? Thanks
Yes. Works like a charm.
Almost half the size now.
Too bad that iPhone 6s Plus is still the same.
I'm curious about the Music controls ... specifically the "Heart" location on the music app and on the lock screen music player? In my opinion, the iOS 9 Music was perfect, I really enjoyed the "Heart" being on the main playing screen and on the lock screen. When I run or I'm driving, it was so easy to "Heart" a track while on shuffle, or to easily see if it was already a "Hearted" track.

In iOS 10 Apple took the "Heart" status off the lock screen completely, and you can only see it in the Music app if you click the "..." in the lower right hand corner. So many extra steps. Any chance the "Hearts" have been moved back like in iOS 9?
Music app from iOS 10 is already disastrous. Got used to it but still hate it.
And no, no way you can heart a song in the lock screen, let alone star rating something. At least for now but I doubt they will add one later. Only time can tell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.