Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacSurge

macrumors member
May 22, 2007
Yay,mine is shipped and expected to arrive tomorrow!!! I cant wait..

I presume yours will be here soon also!

- Regards

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
Congrats on your purchase! You're gonna love your new computer (and your nano as well). That configuration is fast and you'll wonder how you ever lived with your PC...haha :)

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Actualy I ordered mine yesterday... (Sunday) And I just recently checked and it says its prepared to ship... But I Purchased the overnight shipping...

Really? What the heck! I don't understand what's going on. Are my custom configurations really delaying it that much? Did you upgrade anything? I didn't pay for overnight shipping and I was thinking about it. Guess I should have. I just checked my status at Apple and it STILL says "Not yet shipped." :(

Absolutely. Macbooks will run the CS3 suite flawlessly. :)

Awesome! Good to know. I really want to try it out. :)

This whole waiting thing sucks a ton. I just can't believe that the status hasn't changed on Apple any. Sigh. I guess it has to go to "Prepared for shipment" status before it can actually be shipped, right? And I was looking so forward to tomorrow morning being the day... :(

Thanks for all of the congrats everyone. :)

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Congrats on your purchase! You're gonna love your new computer (and your nano as well). That configuration is fast and you'll wonder how you ever lived with your PC...haha :)

Thanks so much! I know, I know... I really can't wait to get my hands on it. I already have a list of things I want to do!

Yay,mine is shipped and expected to arrive tomorrow!!! I cant wait..

I presume yours will be here soon also!

- Regards

I JUST saw this after I posted my other reply... congrats on yours shipping so fast! I really can't believe it. I have no idea what's going on with mine. This is upsetting. :(

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
JUST checked Apple again and it finally says "Prepared for shipment" - YAY! I've never been so excited about something in my life! haha, I'm ridiculous.

BritCornflake

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2007
Just Ordered Too!

Yeay for us! That is, I JUST ORDERED my MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2.2GHz!! (EDUCATION DISCOUNT) I went to a retail location, but they were completely sold out (throuought Washington!) - So i'm excited. Jeez, without all the rebates its a hefty bill for everything i got:

Incase Sleeve
iPod 30GB
HP Photosmart AIO Printer (A piece of crap, I know, but its free...)
MacBook Pro 15-inch 2.2GHz
Office for Mac Student Edition...

totals to like 2,500 before rebates!!... Oh well! This is my first mac! Im happy! Off to college....!

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
I really, really hope so! I'm trying to figure out how long it takes for it come from China to the US. If it makes it here by tonight, I'm going to be so freaking excited... haha. I think the FedEx page lags really bad or something though because it just now says it landed in Alaska at 1 pm today.

iSaint

macrumors 603
I really, really hope so! I'm trying to figure out how long it takes for it come from China to the US. If it makes it here by tonight, I'm going to be so freaking excited... haha. I think the FedEx page lags really bad or something though because it just now says it landed in Alaska at 1 pm today.

It will be here before you know it. Airplanes are really fast these days!!! ;) :D

Ahh, the excitement of a switcher. :)

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006

The times on FedEx's page are always local times. So it landed at 1pm Alaska time, which is like 6PM Eastern time.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
True, I didn't think about that. Guess I was just getting so impatient/antsy haha. Well, now my iPod says "Int'l shipment release" and it's in Indiana. It says the delivery date is set for Thursday at 12, but I was expecting much sooner... like, tomorrow. How late does FedEx usually delivery during the day? On most of the topics I've read here, a lot of users have received their orders early in the morning.

I'm still refreshing my MacBook's FedEx page and there's still no changes. Still "Picked up" @ Shanghai.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Finally! It is now officially in the United States. :D Anchorage, Alaska to be exact! Hopefully it'll depart in an hour like my iPod did.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
lol are you still refreshing constantly? I bet Friday can't come fast enough for ya:cool:

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Haha, yeah! I can't believe it's tomorrow... I'm getting SO excited. At 12:30 PM it had already arrived in Memphis. Do you (or anyone else) think it'll be in Houston by today? I guess there's no chance either way that I can get it today though, huh? It'll probably just sit in Houston at the FedEx place before delivery tomorrow morning. :( Opinions?

And... my iPod came in at 11:30 AM this morning. It beat the estimated arrival time by 30 minutes. It's sosososo cute, I love it! I wish I had a laptop to use it with... haha.

Last minute suggestions on what to do when the MacBook comes? :p

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
ha... it's been kind of cloudy here the past few days. :)

Is reinstalling OS X necessary? I know a lot of people to do it to save hard drive space by getting rid the things they'll never use.

iMacBook

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2007
Down by the bay.

Is reinstalling OS X necessary? I know a lot of people to do it to save hard drive space by getting rid the things they'll never use.

Well, doing that gets rid of things they can probably uninstall except for the printer drivers. For that, I plan on zipping them into one huge file (I heard it about about 700MB compared to 2GB) and then unzip when needed.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006

well if you reinstall osx you can get rid of all of the other language packs and stuff you will never use in order to save a few gigs of hard drive space.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Is it hard or complicated to do? I guess I'm going to see where I stand as far as space is concerned when it arrives tomorrow. If the amount missing is beyond what I expected, maybe I'll reinstall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.