Just perfect. Firewall IP updated borked my iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TitanTiger, Aug 27, 2010.

1. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

Updated Firewall IP because it mentioned bug fixes and fixes for memory leaks. Phone rebooted and now won't boot up. I get the Apple logo for a few seconds, then it just shuts off. Grrrrrr.

2. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

To top it off, it appears I left my sync cable at work. I might be able to go get it tomorrow.

So what are my options here? Am I forced now to do a restore, then re-jailbreak and unlock? It's a 3G running 3.1.3 and baseband 5.12.01. Can I use JailbreakMe.com or do I need to use Spirit again?

I used TinyUmbrella to save the SHSH blob as well as downloading some 3.1.3 blobs for my model iPhone from another site. Will I need those to be able to stay on 3.1.3?

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

If you can't get it to boot or if you can't get in via SSH, you are pretty much hosed and forced to restore. You'll be able to use whatever method you want from here: http://www.jailbreakmatrix.com/

The SHSH blobs are unique per device not per model.

The 3G doesn't have the capability of using signed firmware, so you should just be able to download and restore.

4. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

Explain this again?

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

What makes the SHSHs relevant is something in hardware that the 3G doesn't have.

There is a "soft" check, but it can easily be bypassed with redsn0w or PwnageTool, because it can't be hardware enforced like it can on a 3GS or ip4.

But this is actually only relevant if you are trying to install iOS 4.0 or greater, so if you want to install 3.1.3, just download and install.

6. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, so I don't need that SHSH blob thing. I could just use the "iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw" file I downloaded to be able to stay on 3.1.3?

Now, when I restore, does it automatically restore back to this or attempt to restore to 4.x (whatever's current) and then I have to do something else to get it back to 3.1.3?

7. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Yeah firewall ip screwed my 3g s, forced to restore it. I won't use this program any more.

8. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

It will restore to 3.1.3 and then tell you a new OS is available like usual. Just ignore it.

9. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

The other question is, you mentioned being able to SSH into the phone. If I'm able to do that, what would I do to fix this?

10. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

It depends entirely what the problem is. You are probably stuck just restoring.

11. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

EDIT: Ok, I got it to show up, but when I click on Restore, it says that it will erase everything (knew that) but that it will download and update it to the latest iPhone software (which is 4.0.2). I don't want to go to that. How do I do this restore and get it on 3.1.3?

12. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

SSH via Terminal and type reboot
    Worth a try. It saved me once.

alt+click the restore button (shift+click on Windows) and select your 3.1.3 .ipsw file.

13. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Press and hold option or alt or whatever and then click restore. It will pop up a window that will allow you to choose a firmware file.

14. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, in the process of restoring to 3.1.3. Then I should be able to go to JailbreakMe.com to JB and then install Ultrasn0w to unlock? On the unlock, do I need an AT&T sim to do that or will my TMobile sim work?

15. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, it won't let me finish the restore without an AT&T SIM.

Is there a workaround? Anyway to jailbreak without an AT&T SIM?

16. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

Basically, I'm at a screen that shows the iTunes logo with a USB cable pointing toward it and if I slide the slider at the bottom, it goes to an Emergency Call screen with the keypad. That's all I can do. If I take out my TMobile SIM, it has a message on the iTunes logo screen asking for a valid SIM.

On Monday I'll have access to a friend's AT&T SIM card. If I insert his SIM, should I be able to go directly to JailbreakMe.com from there or will I need to hook it up to my computer and do more syncing with iTunes?

17. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Now that you have restored, the phone needs to be activated. Your friends att SIM will activate the phone and you can then go to jailbreakme.com and after completed Unlock with ultrasn0w.

18. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

One other thing: after I jb and unlock, will I get my apps back when I sync it with iTunes on my main computer again? And what about Cydia apps like CategoriesSB and BiteSMS and such?

19. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You know that you can skip activating a 3G with an AT&T sim, right?
    Now that you've restored with 3.1.3, start up redsnow. Jailbreak with 3.1.2 by following the instructions. After that is done, find a wifi connection. Access cydia and install ultrasnow.
    Voila, you're now unlocked.

edit: you'll either have to redownload your apps from itunes, but if you purchased them under your account you won't be charged again. As for your cydia apps, it should be pretty much the same, but I'm not 100% sure (I don't d/l cydia apps).

20. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

I wasn't aware Redsnow didn't require a sim. I'll look into that.

Now, I have backups of my old apps. I'm not sure why I could just do some kind of resync to get them along with my contacts and such back.

21. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

So what are the major differences in using Redsn0w and JailbreakMe.com aside from the latter being a website? How does the phone differ after the jailbreak with either, if it differs at all?

22. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm having some major issues. I came in, used my friend's AT&T SIM and finished the restore. Went to jailbreakme.com and did the jailbreak. Installed ultrasn0w. Switched the SIM out to my TMobile SIM and it found it. Even did a test call and it worked. I thought I was home free.

Then, suddenly I get a "No SIM" message at the top. I try rebooting again. Turning Airplane Mode on and off. Nothing works. Even try popping back in the AT&T SIM. Still won't work. So, I try to re-jailbreak. When I go to jailbreakme.com it gives me a message that the installer crashed the last time so I'm thinking, maybe it just got screwed up. Run the JB again and it doesn't work. So I think, I need to restore again.

Do a restore back to 3.1.3 again. I didn't have any SIM in it so it prompts me for one. I put my friend's AT&T SIM in and it doesn't even register it's there. Still "No SIM" message on the phone. So I think I need to do another restore but I don't get that option anymore in iTunes. I can eject the phone but nothing else. And it flat won't recognize the AT&T SIM anymore.

What do I do now?

23. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Restore to 3.1.3. After that, see if the SIM issue still persists.

24. TitanTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

Update: Put it into DFU mode and did another restore, this time with the AT&T SIM in the whole time. Nada. Still getting a "No SIM" message.

25. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Put your friend's SIM into an AT&T phone and see if it still works. Those do occasionally get messed up too.