Just plain fed up with my new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BozickA88, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BozickA88 macrumors newbie

So after all the hype about the new iPhone I am just fed up with it and am considering returning it and taking my business elsewhere even though I loved my other iPhones this one is just plain disappointing me, the signal issue and yellow spots were bad enough. I am tired of my cheek hanging up on people or putting them on speaker or muting the phone, I now feel I have a proximity sensor problem or maybe it is just plain out to sensitive on this phone I am not sure yet. Is anyone else having these problems with the proximity sensor? What a disappointment this phone has been to me. I am hoping for some solutions if not I am off the iPhone wagon for now.

2. falconeight Guest

falconeight

3. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Only two solutions at this moment:

1) Keep the phone and deal with it as best you can hoping Apple speaks up and does something, either a fix or a recall or whatever
    2) Return it for a full refund and get another phone, and I don't mean another iPhone 4, and make calls like you're supposed to be able to make

That's about it.

4. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

Welcome to the life of an early adopter. Everything will work itself out...hang in there buddy. New OS, New Phone...these things happen.

5. army91c macrumors 6502a

See ya! Don't let the door hit ya where the made up man in the sky split ya!

6. BozickA88 thread starter macrumors newbie

score 600k+ apple...suckers are born every minute........

7. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

8. baller1308 macrumors 65816

You're telling us this why? We're not employed by Apple. If you want to return it then return it. We don't need to know that you plan on returning it. While I'm sure Apple would like to retain your business, they have probably sold over 2 million iPhone 4's by now, I'm sure they won't miss you that much.

9. BozickA88 thread starter macrumors newbie

there is a thread for everything......

I tell this community because I know I will be harassed and expect nothing less it makes for good entertainment to see what everyone has to say.

10. muncheroo macrumors newbie

haha evo owner here... was actually on here to research the reception issue for a friend but i signed up for an account just wanted to talk you down from the ledge. there ain't no such thing as a perfect phone and androids got its downfalls but we would certainly welcome a convert =D

11. klitorisaurus macrumors member

I'm not trying to be an apologist, and I'm certainly no Apple fanboy, but I haven't experienced a single one of those issues. I had a small light yellow spot, but it went away. My coverage has been great, obviously due to my area. And my proximity sensor is tip-top! But I understand your frustration, I spent the last 6 months using a 3G with a broken prox., it's beyond annoying.

I guess my point is, your problems aren't widespread, and they're also potentially fixable issues. The yellow and the prox are valid problems for exchange, and the reception issues might be fixable. For what it's worth, I'd at least wait until Apple tries a software fix, then swap for a new one, and maybe your trouble will be gone.

12. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Honestly, I hate to see a fellow iPhone owner leave. I feel bad because while I keep enjoying my phone more and more everyday; as it is controlling everything I do on a regular basis, others can't stand it.

Shame.

13. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

14. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Well, if you like the phone enough to deal with either holding it differently or putting a case on it (which would most likely at least address your signal issue), I'd exchange yours for another one as the other things you mention are defects that can be fixed by getting a non defective phone.

I wouldn't put up with a broken proximity sensor either. Luckily, you don't have to as that is easily covered under warranty and that is definitely not supposed to be normal.

15. army91c macrumors 6502a

So basically you're admitting to being a troll! Awesome, good for you. I'm willing to bet you don't even own an i-4.

16. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

Mine works great. No reception issues. No dropped calls. No cheek hang-ups. I've got some yellow blotches, but they seem to be fading. If not, I'll take it back and get it replaced.

Yeah, you're right, good for me. Thanks Jobs. :apple:

17. BozickA88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Id like to know what you are willing to bet....more or less I suppose venting is frowned upon by certain members I apologize for expecting something I spent $400 to work correctly, but willingly post this thread knowing some would just be ignorant while others would actually give advice....I understand there are glitches in new software but after Job's statement of dont hold it that way......jesus at least admit there is an issue hell look at toyota and their gas pedals...at least they manned up and took responsibility for a flaw in their product!

18. Built macrumors 68020

People return products they bought each day. If it's not a good fit, return it...but this really didn't require a new thread, IMHO.

19. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Nice try fandroid. How about you sell your iPhone that you hate for $1100 on Ebay instead of returning it?

Oh wait, you don't even own an iPhone, you're just a troll, nevermind.

20. hipvamore macrumors regular

21. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

I have some signal issues and I bought a case to help them but it irks me that I had to so my phone worked properly. I also have really bad Bluetooth issues as well. The biggest issue is the same as the op. I muted or hung up on three calls tonight because the proximity sensor is screwy. Same thing happens to my wife's phone. I am not going to return it though because I have faith that Apple will address it sooner rather than later. I will make a Genius appointment to make sure it's not HW related and then hope for a update to address the issues.

22. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

I hate the proximity sensor. I've already lost one friend. He won't talk to me on my iphone any more.. He got pissed after I accidentally hung up on him 3 times.

23. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I had trouble following that. :eek:

But I agree with the first part. The OP should return it until he gets a working iPhone.

24. dlstrings macrumors newbie

After covering it up for years, a class action lawsuit and government investigations. I'm sure Apple will do the same if the same pressure is applied :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.