Just preordered an iPhone 4S today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by irDigital0l, Oct 9, 2011.

1. irDigital0l Guest

went to my Verizon store and I was legible, preordered a 32GB black iPhone 4S. Its coming to come on Oct 21st.

Never knew they still have preorders left but cool.

Anyone one getting their iPhone 4S earlier? or later?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

well they have pre-orders, but won't come on launch day since those are sold out.

3. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I'm getting my iPhone 4S in a month or two after things settle down. I will be going to an Apple store, simply because the experience there is superior to other stores.

4. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

I ordered mine at noon yesterday and it says it's shipping from the 24th to the 31st. What the heck?

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

U guys should try your luck going in to the stores on Friday instead of pre ordering now.

6. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

Have classes all day and things to attend to afterwards. I would try if I could.

7. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I may also do this just for the heck of it.

8. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    Yeah, I think they're going to have loads and loads of phones at the stores, especially with Apple adding a whole slew of new stores, renovating old ones, etc. They're certainly happy to sell a million or so iPhones online with preorders, but they are making a big retail push so probably have hundreds of thousands of phones to sell in stores, maybe even another million.

I am very interested to hear actual sales numbers next week.

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

No thanks. Why should I take a day off work and try my luck in store with no guarantee when I can preorder it online and know for sure it will get to me on or soon after launch date.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, with my luck my BOSS would see me standing in line as I'm waving at the camera!!! lol Stickin' with pre-order to my front door...:p

11. andyx3x macrumors 65816

This has never happened before. What makes you think it's going to happen now.

12. Edking4 macrumors member

i can tell you for a fact there will be a huge amount of phones for sale on the 14th.

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

I seriously doubt it. As always before there will probably be limited supply and there will be a lot of people who won't necessarily find the model they want in stock.

----------

If you can tell us for fact then you should be able to provide solid evidence to back that up. If you can't then you can't say for fact that is the case.

14. Edking4 macrumors member

i do have evidence as per i work for a certain company that will be selling the phones on launch day. We had a conference call in the morning Friday before sales started and were briefed with this: Stores will be receiving unprecedented amounts of inventory for the 14th that's why they pushed the pre-order people back 2-4 weeks for delivery. Last year they put more into the pre-orders and the stores had shortages. Take it for what its worth.

15. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's not evidence but just your word. It doesn't mean anything as anyone here including myself could say the same thing.

16. Edking4 macrumors member

true... but i wanted to contribute something to the discussion that was positive lol Hope it is true and everyone gets a phone. We wont know actual inventory until later in the week.

17. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I am not sure. Maybe you could check the 5000 other threads about this subject?

18. antman2x2 macrumors 6502a

I went once, It was ALOT of fun! The apple employees came outside to the line and gave out bagels and stuff. I also got to meet a lot of cool people.

Give it a try!