Just some Macrumor questions.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Snowmann, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Snowmann macrumors newbie

Snowmann

Hi this is Snowmann, I am new to Macrumors and I have a couple of questions that have come up while i have been using the site the past couple of days. Any help in answering them is greatly appreciated!

Here they are........

1. How do you add your signature to your profile page, not the signature you leave when you add a comment or start a thread?

2. How do you get rid of the Songs Rec: at the bottom of your profile page?

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Hello Snowmann. :)

To answer your first question, the signature that's displayed on your profile page is the same as the one that appears under your post – you can't have separate sigs.

To turn off the Song Recs, click on User CP just under the MacRumors logo on the top of the page and then 'Edit Profile'. Right at the bottom there's an option to turn the Song Recs on and off.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Check out the Forum FAQ. It's kind of derivative but has a good beat you can dance to.

4. Snowmann thread starter macrumors newbie

Snowmann

This is to JaffaCake....... How dow you get Your Signature to appear on your profile because it does on yours and everybody else's but mine why?

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I suspect the Signature might be tied into the Avatar.

In which case you need 500 for it to appear in your profile.

Anyone else??

6. Snowmann thread starter macrumors newbie

Snowmann

Thanks iJohnHenry, I say you are right anyways there is one issue i have yet to resolve and that is being able to delete the Song Recs: off of my profile! I went to "Edit Profile" in the Control Panel, and then went to the bottom of the page and toggle the Song Recs: button to off/no but it still appears on my profile! Sorry it not such a big issue but i need my profile to be perfect i have major OCD! :D:D

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

there's a nominal post requirement before the sig appears on your profile due to spammers.

It's like 5 or 10 posts.

arn