Just talked to AT&T Rep for pre-order from AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bucsfan2425, Sep 11, 2014.

1. bucsfan2425 macrumors member

I asked about pre-ordering from their website, the lady said don't expect it for 45 days????

So should I order it from the apple store instead? Or just pre order it at AT&T tomorrow?

2. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

You can definitely preorder from AT&T tomorrow.

3. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I think he means it won't ship for 45 days. That's a crock.

4. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

Sounds like people need to stop talking to AT&T reps. [​IMG]

5. bucsfan2425 thread starter macrumors member

yeah i know that, but when i told her that's what i was going to do, she said don't expect it for 45 days...

6. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Ha!! Impossible. There's another thread going on right now where people said they received it launch day. The iPhone 5 that is.

7. sjperformance macrumors 6502

they don't know jack or are just trained not to give out too much info. tomorrow I shall pre order at 3 am and get my phone Friday the 19 delivered to my office.

8. bucsfan2425 thread starter macrumors member

pre order from at&t or apple?

9. sonicdissent macrumors regular

ATT. This is speculation based on previous launches and the seeming increased preorder availablility at target, walmart, best buy etc..you will get your phone on launch day if you get the preorder in the first wave from ATT.

10. darknyt macrumors 6502a

As I noted elsewhere, my corp AT&T rep recommended NOT ordering through AT&T, but rather through Apple. He has over 10 years with AT&T in this position and has proven himself unimpeachable in these matters the 3 or so years I've been dealing with him.

His rationale was that Apple hoards inventory and will have more of it to distribute. Also that AT&T was the more popular distributor of iPhones and thus runs out of supply more quickly. He didn't mention any specific delay.

I would trust my guy more than a truckload of random CSRs. My last corp iPhone (which I HAVE to order through the corporate portal) took something like 3 or more weeks to get to me. And I ordered day 1 of preorders.

11. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I've ordered from AT&T for the last several iPhones and I've had no problem getting them on launch day or a day or two after.

12. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Those reps know nothing. I plan on pre-ordering through my AT&T Premier Business account and having it shipped to the house since I have to work on launch day. I could possibly talk a half day but I dont have time for all that. Just get it shipped to the house and I doubt it will take 45 days! I always here people getting it on launch day.

13. RSG macrumors newbie

sure he didnt say " four to five days" (for ty five days)

14. sjperformance macrumors 6502

well I noticed you can do att next on apple.com. My plan at 3am is to use my ipad for apple.com and PC att.com. Whichever one I can get thru faster since im sure the servers will be overwhelmed. Of course I prefer to pre order from apple.

15. bucsfan2425 thread starter macrumors member

yeah because i repeated what she said and stressed the '45' lol

16. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

You can only order through AT&T if you are on a primer business account?

17. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

I've pre-ordered from AT&T in the past and received the phone on launch day.

18. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

All they are doing is setting an expectation. If they tell you it's going to take 45 days it's to safe guard them from someone coming in crying that they didn't get their phone on the 19th. I work with (not for) AT&T on corporate accounts and we also set the expectation of 40 days, that way we aren't getting hit with escalations of people wondering where their phone is. Does it take 40-45 days? No not typically but it's to prevent extra headache.

19. drogba macrumors member

Exactly what the guy above me said. Used to work in retail and we always had to tell people the worst-case scenario time table so we didn't get yelled at in the event something went wrong. We knew shipping usually took 2 ays max but always told people 5-7 days just to protect ourselves. I can see this precaution being amplified significantly when it comes to phone launches and whatnot.

20. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Well when I go to My ATT and click add a line like im doing, it automatically goes to the premier site.

21. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Hmm

I cant login through MyATT - have to go to the Business Premier Site.

I guess I will find out what to do at midnight.

22. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I'll be using my iPad, iPhone, and PC to get the preorder done ASAP through Apple. I'm just glad my work hours are later! Just 9 hours and 38 minutes to go!

23. lenard macrumors 6502

Thats because you are adding a line, replace and phone and it does not go
    to premier site.

24. BSoares macrumors regular

I pre-ordered 2x iPhone 5 from AT&T back when it came out and receive both the day BEFORE the official launch. It was awesome to have the phones in my hands while watching on the news all those people in line trying to get one at the stores.

25. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I pre-ordered 2 iphone 5's in 2012 at AT&T corporate store. They we delivered on the Monday after launch (2 days).