Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slimflem

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2005
Hooters is the pre-stripclub job, IMHO. I think a lot of girls get their nerve up at Hooters and prepare themselves for the next step at a stripclub. I mean shoot, if you pay attention, most of the girls almost act like strippers. They hang out at your table trying to sweet talk and pay you "attention". It's just stage 1 of their career.

(This doesn't mean I don't like going to Hooters when I do go. I think there's nothing wrong with it at all.)

...dont' flame me. :)

iSaint

macrumors 603
Original poster
Wow, this is the most popular thread I've ever started! I think the irony to my story is that he's so cute he was getting all of the attention. Of course, he didn't really gather that the girls were skimpily dressed, nor did I try to point it out to him.

For what it's worth, our waitress and I had a discussion about church, and she was wanting to join my denominational preference (Episcopal). She joked about being Pentecostal and working in Hooter's. Very smart girl and fun to talk to.

Thank you all for the popularity of this thread...and for your judgements placed upon my soul!

;)

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Les Kern said:
Step 2: A mullet, a tattoo, and a box of condoms.
He's ready for the world you're teaching him about... women are objects, food is not meant to be enjoyed without the company of skanky waitresses, and the penis rules the brain.
Step 3: Check out U.S. News and World Report for the best party colleges.

I have a feeling you'll make father of the year.

Harsh? You posted the story. I merely answered.

never been, and have no real desire to go. But that's pretty far over the top.

The kid eats wings and sees a few (somewhat) scantily clad women, and you have him getting a mullet and tattoos (nothing wrong with tats, btw. I have one and I'm totally clean cut), and going to a party school? Come on. That's just silly.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Les Kern said:
He's ready for the world you're teaching him about... women are objects, food is not meant to be enjoyed without the company of skanky waitresses, and the penis rules the brain.

Wow.

You get all that from going to Hooters?

I guess I'm missing how decent food surrounded by reasonably attractive women (in some locations) is bad.

By that logic, I'd imagine that a restaurant staffed by fat ugly men in Speedos would provide a positive life message, especially if they were being whipped by conservatively-dressed women.

'Course, I'd go there too, if the wings were tasty!

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
jsw said:
Wow.

You get all that from going to Hooters?

I guess I'm missing how decent food surrounded by reasonably attractive women (in some locations) is bad.

By that logic, I'd imagine that a restaurant staffed by fat ugly men in Speedos would provide a positive life message, especially if they were being whipped by conservatively-dressed women.

'Course, I'd go there too, if the wings were tasty!

That was my original thought too. It may not be right to take a six year old to Hooters, but that post was a little over the top. iSaint's son probably won't remember the trip by the time he's ten.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
I always have fun there, I don't go often though. The wings are good and the girls are flirty. Some are skanks, others just know how to work what they have. I am not even sure if Phoenix has one.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
leekohler said:
iSaint! You rock! I love it. :) Yes, the girls are skanky, but hey- they have good wings. BTW- you should have known I'd approve. ;)

The girls have good wings? Hmmm...buffalos then, girls.

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2003
LA
Les Kern said:

This guy is "that guy" who never has a sense of humor about anything and always points out the bad in something. Life doesn't have to be that serious..chill

I've never been to one, but if given the chance, I'm sure I'd enjoy it

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
mactastic said:
I've never understood the appeal of Hooters (the restaurant at least) the food sucks and the girls are skanky as hell.
Try a Hooters in the South somewhere.

I still contest that the prettiest girls in the states from south of the Mason-Dixon. :)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
leekohler said:
You're just being silly now. ;)

It's part of the job. Actually, those WingHouse girls do have wings across their tops. I suppose it's so you'll have something to watch while you're waiting to give your order. :D

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
Calvinatir said:
This guy is "that guy" who never has a sense of humor about anything and always points out the bad in something. Life doesn't have to be that serious..chill

I've never been to one, but if given the chance, I'm sure I'd enjoy it
Exactly what I was going to say. I cant believe people are freaking out over....Hooters? Its a damn restaurant. :rolleyes:

pigwin32

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2003
Oakura
I live in Wellington NZ, at one time home of the smallest red light district in the world - not sure of it's current status. I took my 3yr old on a bus into town one morning and we drove past the Mermaid Bar, with tasteful (not really) mermaid statues in the front window. He was very keen to go have a look at the mermaids.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
For all of you who have never been to Hooters...

Attachments

• images-1.jpg
    images-1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 371
  • images-2.jpg
    images-2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 388
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 375

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I've only been to Hooters 3 times (went because we wanted to try, and the last 2 times it was because of the great wing, the big screen TV during the NHL playoffs and great atmosphere), but I have been to a restaurant/bar called "Sweet Cheeks" often because it was always opened quite late, it was quiet, they had pool tables, and they didn't mind us sitting there and chatting for 3-4 hours. As an ass man, I luvved it. :cool:

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
i just checked the web page: we have a whopping 2 in austria ... that's twice as much as in the UK

actually i remember how they opened one 25 km from my hometown.. don't know if they lasted more than 1 years

the local US style food restaurant which survived i think 6-8 years was converted to a arabic style lounge including flavoured tobacco out of water pipes ;)

i darkly remember hearing about a Innsbruck hooters but i guess that was a short time story as well... just like ***** disgusting pizza hat

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
LOL.

Hooters is a really sad place.

I've been there twice - once for the unlimited chicken wings Monday ( which weren't that good ).

On each occasion the barmaids were miserable as sin - and can you blame them having to dress up like that?!

More, the Stella Artois was hideous ;-)

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
notjustjay said:
Can't.. stop... staring...

What a huge plate of chicken wings! :eek:

Those look like the naked wings. The breaded ones are much better. They have an even larger portion called a bucket which is great for parties.

All the ones I've been to the waitresses were nice and seemed to be happy. I think the biggest complaint one of them had was that her rather large tattoo had to be covered up (It was midway down her thigh and could be seen through the rather opaque stockings. )

Hooters really is a family restaurant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.