Just updated > 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by avkam, Jan 24, 2017.

1. avkam macrumors member

Just updated 3.1.1 > 3.1.3. It took about half an hour. Didn't brick my watch. :D
    (S2)

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

All went well here, also. The watch did insist on being plugged into the charger even though it was 100%. Download and install times were s l o w !

3. planetf1 macrumors 6502

planetf1

4. Havemeat1 macrumors newbie

I updated my S1 and now it seems like every time I put my arm down the watch locks itself. Never did that before the update.

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I was wondering when anyone at MR was going to mention 3.1.3. The wristwatch forum I'm on started posting about it ... let's see, about 18 hours ago. ;)

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Since there's a front page thread about it from yesterday, it didn't seem necessary.

7. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

With all of the bad press 3.1.1 received, I must admit I too was surprised by how quiet it was around here. I guess no news is good news!

8. warburg macrumors 6502a

Well, I updated yesterday evening, and something seems to be wrong with my activities app. today. It reported 10 stands by 10 A.M. It never happened this way before, and since I'm 86 years-old, it's should be obvious how unlikely it is. I'll restart the watch and see if this happens again tomorrow.

9. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

There was? I never come to the forums via MR's front page anyway.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Maybe I am missing something but I do not think I have looked at the front page in years.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 24, 2017 ---
    Not surprised here as the update did nothing except fix some bugs. Supposed to also speed things up! LOL!

11. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

12. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 6502a

PhillyGuy72

No problems here, but again a VERY slow process in updating.

13. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I tend to wait a few days before Upgrading. Upgrading on day one has the servers loaded with everyone downloading. And I want to make sure I don't experience what happened to those with 3.1.1.

14. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Painfully slow - downloading, verifying and installing took almost 40 minutes on my Series 2.

15. Vampire14 macrumors regular

Vampire14

All good here. However, it did take quiet a while to download onto my iPhone, & quiet some time on my watch, like many others have said. Series 2 here & no obvious changes thus far. Time will tell I am sure.
    Still to take my watch ⌚️ in for the repair te my back sensor.

16. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

I think all Apple Watch updates are SLOW, no matter S0, S1 or S2.

Your iPhone has to download the update, then patch it over to the watch, then install and so forth.

I too wish it was a little speedier, however it usually makes for a good "Before Bed" project that you set and forget.

17. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

Since the updates seem to take so long, I do the same thing. Start the update and let it do its thing overnight.

18. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Yes they truly need to update the update process. I'm not sure why it's as slow as it is.

19. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I remembered how slow it was from the past updates. So I started the update last night, and went straight to bed. All done when I woke up.

20. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Took a while for mine. I updated my MBP at the same time, and once the AW restarted (or once I heard it *ding*), I updated my phone, too.

21. vanryan macrumors newbie

vanryan

Updated my series 2 with no issues other than a lengthy download. Noticed that Mickey Mouse's voice didn't crackle when speaking the time aloud. Not sure if that was a coincidence though.

22. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Part of the problem is you have To factor the massive number of users downloading the update from Apple's servers with in a 48 hour period of the intitial release. But either way, it's not fast process by any means. Over time, perhaps Apple can make this process
    More efficient.

23. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Downloading the actual update to the iPhone is pretty seamless and doesn't take long at all...it's patching the download over to the Apple Watch from the iPhone and other gear turning that's the lengthy part.

24. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I UND
    I understand why it takes the watch so long to update but the download to my phone took almost 25 minutes. This was done at like 3:30 in the morning so the servers could not have been that busy.

Most important is that is WORKED and all is well.

25. daio, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017

daio macrumors regular

daio

No idea whats up with my 1st gen Apple Watch, the software update check on my iPhone 7 always reports "watchOS 3.1.1, Your software is up to date." Even thought I can see that others already have 3.1.3 installed.

Any ideas? I have restarted both devices several times but am not getting the update flagged.

EDIT: Scrap that! I found the BETA profile on the watch, deleted it, restarted it and now it finds the update. Doh!