Just why Spymac would take the time to fake iWalk

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2001
spymac needed to spread its existence desperately. That and the need for advertisers. Now we see spymac touting its astronomical hits per day figure, and this is sure to entice some advertisers. So in the end, A fake that probably adds up to $100-150 in parts will end up being well worth the investment.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Yep...

looks like it... certainly drew attention... the question is how much can sustain over time, and if they can become profitable... as seems the goal.

The internet advertising scene is not as lucritive as it once was.

The question is whether the plan will backfire.... or will it become another site that everyone "loves to hate" ala macOSrumors.

arn

I

iCinder

I think it wil backfire. They no longer have crediblity in my book. i don't trust anything they say now and if they get millions of hits none of them will be from my web browser.

Yuk-Monkey

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
hype factor

I don't think spymac could resist capitalizing on the inordinate amount of hype generated preceding this particular event. If they ever intended on using this type of strategy to shamelessly promote their site then what better time than now.

J

JobSteve

You guys are SO FULL OF IT!

I'm sick of everyone whining about spymac. I'm sick of even the name spymac.
ANd for those who claim they won't visit the site in the future - you're so full of S**t. You're telling me that the next time you read someone post a message like "Spymac has REAL G5 pictures" and when everyone is talking about it you won't go? What ever, you just all talk like you .. i don;t know. but let's not start any more threads about spymac.. That name is like burned into my brain already.

erosner32

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2001
spymac is the child of APPLE

they created the whole thing to stir up the hype....to distract us from any possible real rumor leak....how come there isnt any advertising on SPYMAC....always that little box .... I tell you it is a game and we were the pawns...