Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MSUSpartan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
This is a tangent, sorry, but please explain your evidence that where you bought the ipad made a difference in how you were treated by the Genius?

MSUSpartan: if you've not yet done so, do familiarize yourself fully with the ebay policies. If you complete the deal in person, may sure to keep the email chain between you and selling showing clearly her acceptance of doing this -- and after it's complete I'd even send a followup "thank you for meeting me and accepting payment in person" email just to have in the record. That way should she later try to claim you didn't pay or something (to get out of paying ebay fees), then you have a paper trail showing you did.

deeddawg, thanks for the tip! She's being REALLY flakey in terms of communication so I'm not sure what to think at this point. I kind of want her to cancel it and leave it at that. I don't want to jeopardize my eBay feedback/rating.

KittyKatta

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
This is a tangent, sorry, but please explain your evidence that where you bought the ipad made a difference in how you were treated by the Genius?
If a product is purchased directly from Apple.com/Apple Store then the Genius Bar techs can do instant product swaps, but when purchased anywhere else they tend to make you go through the standard service routine where you have to wait for a repair or they order a refurb replacement.

Maybe its an unwritten wule but Its happened to me on several occasions where the techs gave brand new replacements for my Apple.com product (defective MacBook, iPad, Heaphones, Sync Cables) but gave a refurb for a defective Best Buy product (Airport Express, power brick, iPod touch).

KittyKatta

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
If a product is purchased directly from Apple.com/Apple Store then the Genius Bar techs can do instant product swaps, but when purchased anywhere else they tend to make you go through the standard service routine where you have to wait for a repair or they order a refurb replacement.

Maybe its an unwritten wule but Its happened to me on several occasions where the techs gave brand new replacements for my Apple.com product (defective MacBook, iPad, Heaphones, Sync Cables) but gave a refurb for a defective Best Buy product (Airport Express, power brick, iPod touch). They even serviced my out of warranty Mac Mini because I had an Apple.com receipt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.