Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
Looks pretty ordinary even without taking the logo on the band into consideration. Looks like a $50 dollar knock off, not just due to the design but the actual fabrication.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I rather pay twice the price to have the best looking band. It's so noticeable how cheap and inferior this band looks compared to the Apple Watch stainless steel band. Just go to apple website and look at the pictures, the differences are so obvious. http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch...h-link-bracelet?product=MJ472LL/A&step=detail

Yes, but I think you will find that's a computer generated render and not a real photo.
I'm sure this other strap would look just as amazing if it was a CGI computer Render

This is a real photo showing you how much worse it is in reality:
http://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2014/09/apple_watch_digital_crown-100413683-large.jpg

Again, like the Apple photo you linked to, here is a nice computer render of a different brand looking great also:
http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1n8Ed...h-Band-for-Apple-Watch-42mm-Strap-Adaptor.jpg

It's personal choice of course.
Some people would buy a worse product for more money if it had the Apple logo stamped into it.
Some wish good value for money.
Others would pay 2 or 3 times the cost just for an item that's perhaps 5% or 10% better than another.

Pay your money and make your choice.
Always difficult to get a genuine reply when it has the Apple logo on it, as that sways opinion.
Like many things in this world.

You swap brand names and labels and people will pick different/incorrect products as they are more swayed by the branding than the product.
Happens all the time.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I own the apple Stainless Steel band. And it is very expensive and if I would have thought about it, would not have spent the money. but when I tried it on it was clear it was this band or no watch. I am very happy with the band and am glad i got it (even if I didn't eat for a month). In comparison, this band looks twice as thick and the butterfly clasp is not flush. Also the links require tools to put on and take off. Apple is thin, clasp is flush and the links require no tool. I also prefer a less shiny bracelet.

For me, the extra $300 is worth it. After all it is a band I plan to keep pretty much forever. I am convince - possibly naively - Apple will not change the bracelet connector or size, making this totally transferable to any upgraded watch i might buy in the future.

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
Yes, but I think you will find that's a computer generated render and not a real photo.
I'm sure this other strap would look just as amazing if it was a CGI computer Render

This is a real photo showing you how much worse it is in reality:
http://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2014/09/apple_watch_digital_crown-100413683-large.jpg

Again, like the Apple photo you linked to, here is a nice computer render of a different brand looking great also:
http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1n8Ed...h-Band-for-Apple-Watch-42mm-Strap-Adaptor.jpg

It's personal choice of course.
Some people would buy a worse product for more money if it had the Apple logo stamped into it.
Some wish good value for money.
Others would pay 2 or 3 times the cost just for an item that's perhaps 5% or 10% better than another.

Pay your money and make your choice.
Always difficult to get a genuine reply when it has the Apple logo on it, as that sways opinion.
Like many things in this world.

You swap brand names and labels and people will pick different/incorrect products as they are more swayed by the branding than the product.
Happens all the time.

The Apple Watch stainless steel band looks excellent in real life and in real life photos. The photo you provided is of poor quality and terrible lighting. The finish and quality of the stainless steel band is superior than any 3rd party company makes for the Apple Watch. Just got to the Apple Store and try it on yourself.

dr.kable

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
DK
Looks nice. But am I the only one who thinks that the bracelet pricing for Apple Watch is redicolus?

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
I got my Juuk band (10% off using the Macrumors code). Arrived in just a few days.

Amazing build quality. Feels as nice or nicer than Apple branded link bracelet I played with a the Apple Store.

Easy to size with the screw out/screw in pins and included screwdriver.

I'm VERY happy with the purchase. It adds a real quality feel to the watch that has been missing. The adapters to the watch are super high quality and have a finished look that my previous $50 HOCO bands sorely lacked.

Very good price, good product, 100% glad I bought it.
[doublepost=1452011641,1452011592][/doublepost]
Ridiculous spellings of names that are nonsensical and uninspiring always drive me away from a product or service, regardless of product viability.

Am I the only one?

The strongest part of any system or product lies in its weakest component... I wouldn't trust this product because of it's crap name, and definitely looks as good as what's it's price point is.

Geez, best you stay away from Ikea then... You would have a meltdown in their warehouse full of 'nonsense' names..LOL

DQuixote13

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2018
I bought a Locarno two tone and love it.
The Locarno is my second band from JuukDesign (third if you count the one i purchased as a gift). It is an actual watch band; a high quality, piece of jewelry, watch band. It elevates the computer on your arm to a timepiece. The owner of the company is a watch lover and has worked in watch design for years. His products are made in factories that produce bands for top luxury watch brands. The difference, Juuk bands are affordable. They are still AMAZING quality, but you can afford to strap one into your wrist. And you should, at least one!!
There is an exceptional eye for detail. The curves match the watch exactly. There is a tool included in the clean, modern packaging, which allows for the extremely simple removal or addition of links. (And there is a tutorial video just in case)
The weight of the product is perfect. It is just heavy enough so that you know you are wearing a solid product that will last. (If you find it’s too heavy for things like exercise, get an aluminum band from Juuk; you don’t even know you are wearing a watch. The aluminum is super light!)
I am amazed that I don’t see these bands everywhere. I am stopped constantly when I wear mine because the quality is apparent. I happen to love this link design, but there are others add all are beautiful. I own the Vitero and can speak to its quality as well.
The owner of the company is an fair businessman who actually will reach out to his customers personally. He runs a high end and yet customer focused company. Even more reason to purchase a band from Juuk. (As a note, I am not compensated by Juuk in any way. I have really just had a great experience with the product and the owner and would love to see continued success so I can keep new bands!!!)

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
Only crappy part is they keep not working with new generations of watches.....My Revo band now doesn't work with my series 4 and it is going to be Q1 CY19 before a replacement part is available.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.