Katherine Adams to Become Apple's New General Counsel as Bruce Sewell Set to Retire This Year

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 6, 2017.

1. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

They look like the same person with different hair length.

2. Attirex macrumors 6502

Steve Jobs would have never Katherine Adams to become new Apple general counsel, Bruce Sewell to retire.

3. MadeMyDay macrumors regular

MadeMyDay

4. Rocketman macrumors 603

Rocketman

5. Scottsoapbox macrumors 6502

Scottsoapbox

Nice blue wall pic... didn't anyone have studio mode on their iPhone?

6. ThomasJL macrumors 6502a

Let's be honest. Instead of giving the job to someone from within—who would be far more experienced with Apple's nuances than this new hire, and far more deserving due to seniority—the SJW Tim Cook decided to hire a woman as an affirmative action hire. Just like he did with Angela Arhendts instead of giving the job to someone from within.

7. hayesk macrumors 65816

Is Ms. Arhendts not doing a good job?

8. MacManiac1 macrumors newbie

I thought that too. Why not promote from within? They must have lots of lawyers. To me it’s a failure of management if they don’t have a good succession plan that involves developing the people you have.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    I thought that too that there must be significant pressure to get females into upper management positions, but surely they have some smart female lawyers already. Couldn’t they do some succession planning and develop one of these internal folks?

9. winston1236 macrumors 68000

Retiring at 59 after making 22 million dollars/year. Couldn't get much better.