Keep having to pair mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by baryon, Jun 21, 2011.

1. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

I bought a "Belkin Wireless Comfort Mouse" for my parents, which is a cheap wireless mouse with nothing special.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=482385
    [​IMG]

I'm currently testing it on my Mac but it will eventually be used on an old PC with Windows XP on it.

There's a little button on the USB receiver that is supposed to "pair" the mouse with the receiver (isn't this supposed to be factory paired anyway?), and I keep having to press it almost each time the mouse goes to sleep or if I turn it off.

What happens is that I turn the mouse off, and back on again, and it no longer works. If I press the button the the USB dongle, it works again, but if I turn it off it might stop working again (not always).

Is there something I can do to simply permanently pair them, or to not have to do this a trillion times a day? I wanted a simple mouse that is cheap but wireless, but this just seems annoyingly complicated and no one is going to want to use it if you have to pair the thing 100 times a day...

2. baryon thread starter macrumors 68040

baryon

Yeah, so, come on, I need some help!

The mouse turns off after 8 minutes of inactivity to save power. Then you have to turn it back on, and it sometimes works after that, and sometimes it doesn't.

When it doesn't work after I have turned it on, I can either simply press the button on the USB receiver and it works, but sometimes even that doesn't help, so I then have to press and hold the USB button and then press the mouse's power button to pair them. Then it works again.

I find it quite annoying to have to do this procedure 10-20 times a day, I think the mouse and the USB should be paired forever and the pairing should not be performed ever again, just once.