Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-aamir

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2010
UK - London
Update: my WiFi has been rock solid for a week now both at home and work?! No changes to either the phone or the two networks so don't really understand it?! Every time a wake my phone up the Wifi symbol is already there. Before there would be no symbol and I would see it try to connect whenever i woke the phone up and often it would just fail or the symbol wouldn't show up at all.

I'm still getting a lot of "No Service" with regards to cell signal but that's more than likely a separate issue.

That's really strange but good news for you nonetheless. Are you running a dual band setup at home with both 2.4 and 5Ghz networks.

Thanks

RipGroove

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2014
Keep loosing WiFi (iPhone 6)

That's really strange but good news for you nonetheless. Are you running a dual band setup at home with both 2.4 and 5Ghz networks.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure most of our WiFi in the UK is 2.4GHz will check. I do know for a fact that it's 2.4GHz on my home network.

Last edited:

vm8a72

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
WIFI issues iphone 6 64GB

These are my observations. An app I was trying to use that goes out to the internet wasn't pulling up images and text etc. just grinding away. Closed app tried again, nothing. Tried web browser, slow. I decided to do a speedtest and got very poor results. I was on a 20mb wifi link. I rebooted modem, tried again and same poor result. Grabbed wifes iPhone4S (older ios) and it worked perfectly. Did speedtest on hers, got the 20MB result expected. Tried my iPhone6 a couple more times. SLOW. Rebooted iphone6 and ran speedtest again and got the 20MB expected this time. App worked, browser worked, everything good now, right? wrong! A few minutes later same problems again. Ran more speedtest on both phones and 4S reported normal, iphone 6 not so much. There's definitely an issue somewhere, I'm guessing software. Ive noticed this in the past but never went as far as doing side-by-side testing as I did that day. I recently upgraded to 8.02 but like I said I noticed issue before upgrade also. Havent noticed issue in past couple days so I'm not ready to run back to store just yet. Hope they fix soon! In the attached pic you will notice the high 20MB speed that i got after I rebooted the phone.

Attachments

• Speedtest.jpg
    Speedtest.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 83
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.