Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Katin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
If I have the Original iPhone (1st Gen) with the Unlimited Data Plan, will I be able to upgrade to a new phone after June 7th and still keep my Unlimited Data Plan?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Yes, you get grandfathered into the plan. If you have the $20 plan, then upgrade to a newer iPhone, then you just end up paying $30 for data only which makes it unlimited.

Katin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Sweet, thank you so much guys. By any chance... do you have a link that states that?

View

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2007
Can people not read? You DONT lose it if you DONT change it

I'm pretty sure that people can read. The whole point of this thread was to make sure that the first gen iPhone users (which has a $20 plan rather than the $30 plan) can also swith to the $30 unlimited plan.

I've been searching for the answer as well, and all Ive found so far is "people with the $30 unlimited plan don't have to change"

Katin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Thank you View. That's exactly what I was looking for. I thought I saw it some where on MacRumors or Facebook but I couldn't find it again. Thanks for the link!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.