Keeping my Unlimited Data Plan after June 7th including Original iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Katin, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Katin macrumors regular

If I have the Original iPhone (1st Gen) with the Unlimited Data Plan, will I be able to upgrade to a new phone after June 7th and still keep my Unlimited Data Plan?

2. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

Yes, unless you change your plan to the new (crappy) plan you will still be on the Unlimited plan.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes, you get grandfathered into the plan. If you have the $20 plan, then upgrade to a newer iPhone, then you just end up paying $30 for data only which makes it unlimited.

4. Katin thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet, thank you so much guys. By any chance... do you have a link that states that?

5. azsprty macrumors 6502

Can people not read? You DONT lose it if you DONT change it

6. View macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure that people can read. The whole point of this thread was to make sure that the first gen iPhone users (which has a $20 plan rather than the $30 plan) can also swith to the $30 unlimited plan.

I've been searching for the answer as well, and all Ive found so far is "people with the $30 unlimited plan don't have to change"

7. Katin thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you View. That's exactly what I was looking for. I thought I saw it some where on MacRumors or Facebook but I couldn't find it again. Thanks for the link!:)