Kevin Rose mentions he doesn't have an iphone 4...apple hooks him up!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rus Shackleford, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Rus Shackleford macrumors regular

so sick and tired of this crap! Saw on "this week in tech" that poor kevin rose didn't have an iphone 4 so apple "hooks him up".

http://yfrog.com/5dtp6cj

What about the people that have paid for your freaking products for years apple? I get shut out of pre-ordering through no fault of my own and stupid tech "celebrities" get set up with no problems. :mad:

2. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

I've never heard of this Kevin Rose character. Who is he?

3. coelacanth macrumors 6502

I see no problem Kevin getting a phone from Apple either paid or given. He's a well known web-celeb. It's nothing new.

4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

That's what I was wondering :D

5. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Yeah.. what's a Kevin Rose?

6. satirev macrumors 6502

Um excuse me are you famous? No? So stop complaining...

7. CJLevinsk22 macrumors member

CJLevinsk22

8. JonB3Z macrumors 6502

I'm sure Paris Hilton has one too -- and didn't stand in line for it.

Are you just discovering that life is unfair?

9. raremage macrumors 6502a

Co Founder of Digg, and does some pretty popular podcasts (Diggnation for one). Also a big supporter of all things Apple.

10. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Try saying to someone who's stuck who's only hope of getting an iPhone is online, with large lead times.

I had bad issues trying to pre-order. I'm in the 2nd July batch, and my iPhone hasn't even prepared for shipment.

The closest Apple store which has iPhones available is over 300 miles away from me.

11. SexyBeast macrumors regular

He's the founder of digg.com. Before that he hosted some tech based TV shows on G4.

12. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Also known for starting all sorts of rumors, most of which are bullcrap. :)

13. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

He's exaggerating. I watch Diggnation and the best is when Alex catches Kevin in a lie or exaggeration and he tries hard to change subjects.

I bet he went into an Apple store and some employee knew who he was and hooked him up. APPLE didn't hook him up. Please.

14. bad angel macrumors member

bad angel

First of all, "hooked me up" can be a general phrase and doesn't necessarily mean that Apple gave it to him for free. I've heard that phrase used generically many times by people simply meaning to convey that someone or something enabled them to do or get something (and not for free).

And you're tired of this crap? How does this hurt you? Kevin Rose has probably influenced hundreds of people to buy Apple products over the years via Diggnation and his other online work. Have you done that? Apple probably owes him a whole office full of Apple products for all the business he's brought them and if they did give him an iPhone 4, he's earned it.

Also, I do doubt that Apple gave it to him and Kevin is probably discreet enough to not brag if/when Apple gives him free products anyway.

15. Rus Shackleford thread starter macrumors regular

figures no one would have a problem with this. You're right, if you're a celebrity of any sort you deserve to skip in line. life is unfair and we should just be happy to have the privilege to be apple customers. I forgot Apple needs the publicity, they're having such a hard time selling these. thanks for setting me straight. BTW, i don't blame Kevin Rose, i blame apple for putting their loyal customers second :rolleyes:

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Journalists get review products in advance all the time. It's not anything to complain about IMO. And that's exactly what Kevin Rose is to Apple; free publicity. The cost of an iPhone is worth the publicity he might give Apple. It makes economic sense.

17. fishmoose macrumors 68000

As already mentioned he co founded Digg and he's also a shareholder in Apple.

18. Rus Shackleford thread starter macrumors regular

i've been a shareholder since 2002. I've recommended and got tons of people to buy apple products - people who absolutely HATED apple. where's my "hook up"?

19. fishmoose macrumors 68000

You didn't start Digg though ;) Kevin Rose is actually quite the celebrity on the internet.

20. xqb4dpx macrumors member

You can see in the photo that he is in an Apple store. Probably an employee hooked him up.

21. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Kevin Rose is a loyal customer though...

I don't imagine he was sent a free iPhone though, like someone mentioned above he was probably just recognized at the Apple Store.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have no problem with apple hooking him up. Is he supposed to be famous, I have to confess that I never heard of him.

23. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

So what?

Are you a journalist or director of a major 'news' (including the blogosphere in that, hence the quotes) site?

Journalists get review products. It has always been that way. Apple and Nintendo tend to be more finicky about giving products away than others, but they still do it.

24. baller1308 macrumors 65816

Who are you? I know who Kevin Rose is, I don't know who you are. It's probably why he got the hook up and you did not.

25. Rus Shackleford thread starter macrumors regular

good lord.