Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
No thats not true. When you toggle capslock, the on screen keyboard always changed to show small letters and capitals depending on the state of capslock. Now they always appear capital. This is new.

Here is iOS 6 keyboard. Notice Caps Lock isnt on.

iPhone5-keyboard-screenshot.jpg

Here is iOS 7 keyboard.Notice Caps lock isnt on

iOS-7-keyboard.jpg

Here is Android keyboard caps lock off

original.jpg

Android keyboard Caps lock ON

jelly-bean-keyboard-630.jpg

MacMane

macrumors regular
May 1, 2009
Orlando, Fl
OP is right. In iOS 6, all of the keys are caps only when typing the first letter of a sentence. After you press the first letter, the keyboard automatically switches to lowercase. With that said, my keyboard is stuck displaying caps as well.

Hollow Man

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Connecticut
The trolls and insane people are out droves. Just read the article I linked above. Never was that way; pic is of a jailbroken phone. Argument over.

-HM

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
OP is right. In iOS 6, all of the keys are caps only when typing the first letter of a sentence. After you press the first letter, the keyboard automatically switches to lowercase. With that said, my keyboard is stuck displaying caps as well.
No. No. No.

The only way this would have ever happened is if your phone was jailbroken and running ShowCase or a similar mod.

Either you are
1) Stupid
2) Trolling
3) Misremembering
4) All of the above

MacMane

macrumors regular
May 1, 2009
Orlando, Fl
**Correction** OP and I were wrong. iOS keyboard has indeed displayed capital letters only. I just checked on my gf ipad 2 running 6.x.x. Something about the new layout and color scheme tricked me I guess.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
:confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

what device is that 3GS?
I had 3G & 3GS, neither ever looked like this. I did a search and found that exact pic OP posted, probably got off internet.

OP: iPhones from Apple do not come with lower case showing on keyboard, never have. If your iPhone used to have it, then it was jailbroken and likely had this app:

Attachments

• showcase-cydia-app-for-iphone.jpg
    showcase-cydia-app-for-iphone.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 199

SirHaakon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2007
Post #26 already showed us that.

What's annoying to me (besides the fact that the letters are in all caps all the time) is that in iOS 7, the shift key is always darker than the other keys making it appear activated when it's not. Yes, I realize pressing it fills in the arrow, but at a glance it's confusing; at least in iOS 6 it was colored the same way as everything else.

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK
Post #26 already showed us that.

What's annoying to me (besides the fact that the letters are in all caps all the time) is that in iOS 7, the shift key is always darker than the other keys making it appear activated when it's not. Yes, I realize pressing it fills in the arrow, but at a glance it's confusing; at least in iOS 6 it was colored the same way as everything else.

I do agree with you. Kind a hard to figure out.

MalusSylvestris

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2013
The keyboard does display lower case letters in one scenario - when you press and hold on a letter to display the accented character options:

aperyju8.jpg

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
tbh, i kinda wish they switched between upper and lower cased.

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
The Tumblr app is still using the iOS6 keyboard and you can plainly see that the letters are always capitalized, regardless of the shift state.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
The keyboard has never changed case. I requested it as a feature request as part of the beta program, but it didn't happen :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.