Keyboard shortcuts - OS X competing with CS3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SooTyLaD, Nov 22, 2007.

1. SooTyLaD macrumors member

Hi everyone! new to these great looking forums so g'day :)

just wondering, i came across a problem when using my age old photoshop zoom shortcuz of cmd+space (i'm new to all things mac), and it bought up spotlight... then i stumled across a few more conflictions...

what do you guys do to avoid this? surely you dont have to re-allocate everything that clashes since both osx and cs3 use LOADS of shortcuts...

is there a way to stop os x checking for keypresses while within a cs3 app or something like that?

many thanks :)

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You can turn off the Spotlight keyboard shortcut entirely in System Preferences --> Spotlight. Or you could reassign it to another key combination in System Preferences --> Keyboard & Mouse --> Keyboard Shortcuts.

Those are about the only solutions I'm aware of.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I just turn off the Spotlight shortcut(s). Before I figured it out, it made me nuts when this first happened [in Tiger],

4. SooTyLaD thread starter macrumors member

yeah but what about all the other conflicting shortcuts?, you can't change the whole of CS3 to accomodate OSX and vice versa...

surely theres a better way like disabling osx shortcuts while within cs3?

5. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

Also conflicts with CS1 on Leopard; for some reason Adobe software gets wrong keyboard information from the operating system. I'm using finnish keyboard but Photoshop assumes I'm using US keyboard, which makes me think something has been broken between Adobe apps and OSX.

6. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

Fortunately this can be fixed from within the application; but it's annoying to go to modify keyboard shortcuts manually.

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Looks like one way is to go through the conflicting shortcuts and reassign them or delete them. Looks like the system shortcuts will need to be changed in Keyboard Prefs, and PS shortucts PS Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts.