Keyboard sound muffled after 3.1 update?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by newyorksole, Sep 9, 2009.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Hey everyone, for some reason after updating my iPhone 3GS software whenever I type something it sounds very low as if the speaker is being covered. Yes the volume is all the way up.

Music is fine, lock/unlock sound is fine, but typing sounds very low.

Any ideas on how to fix?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I don't think there's anyway to modify it. They definitely lowered the volume of the keyclicks and I, for one, am glad they did. The 3.0 levels were way too obtrusive (they were louder than version 2 by quite a bit).

3. crazymexx macrumors member

crazymexx

same here !! Have a white 32gb 3gs

4. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I noticed this too but I welcome it. It was too loud before. I hope the other sounds are improved too, like the distorted text message sound.

5. xanatos macrumors regular

Its way to low for me. I loved the way it sounded in 3.0 now its so low i dont even "feel" I'm typing. Doesnt it seem like when you type when its muted you cant type as fast?

6. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

Yesssss I know exactly what you mean lol.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem.

7. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

You're definitely not the only one. I for one don't mind the lower sound, but it would be nice if we could change the volume.

8. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Same here. I miss the typing sound. Now it's hard to hear and I don't "feel" like I am typing. An option to adjust this would be nice or put it back altogether.

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I like the lower sound.

I'm still keeping them off though. ;)

10. athand macrumors member

I never liked the loud key sound on 3.0 but now is too low.
    I wonder why is so difficult for Apple to add a simple slidebar and let users setting the volume. :confused:

11. xanatos macrumors regular

I feel like its tactile feedback when I heard that loud click. I'm defiantly not updating my stuff anymore till Apple gets everything right. They fix one thing and then another thing pops up.
    I really dont know why they do that anymore. Why dont they just have a finished product instead of rushing it all the time. 3.0 was working perfectly for me now something like a lowered keyboard click is driving me bonkers haha.

12. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I believe Apple lowered the volume of the keyboard click sound intentionally so that you're less likely to bother people around you when you don't your iPhone in silent mode.

13. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I've noticed the same thing however I don't think it was intentional as part of the update since it doesn't happen consistently. After restarting my phone the click sound was back to normal volume

14. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

That's weird. Mine has been consistently low since the update, even after reboots.

If it wasn't intentional, then I'd call it a pretty stupid bug... something that should have easily been caught during QA.

15. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I'd say most of the bugs are pretty stupid. i.e the text tone occasionally not working

16. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

True. :D

17. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

because apple wants to keep everything simple for simpletons. for those who actually want to modify anything useful, they have unix/linux/windows. if you want something that supposedly 'just works' and thus have to do deal with strict and extremely proprietary systems, stick with apple.

18. Liquidchops macrumors newbie

I miss it

YEah I thought I was the only one who was currently having this problem. I actually liked the loud typing sound. I thought my speaker was messed up or something had happened to my iphone cause all other sounds on it are working just fine.

So oh well for now i will just have to deal with the dull muffled typing sound. I want the hey I have an iPhone and I am typing a message sound!:apple::mad:

19. davelanger macrumors 6502a

I still dont get why apple cannot make a simple, keyboard/ earpiece volume setting. I still think the earpiece volume is still way too low, and now the typing is way too low. Why wont apple, just give us the option or making it much lower or much softer, that way everyone would win. If some people like it soft, they could make it soft, if some people like it louder than can make it louder.

20. lavinci macrumors 6502

I was looking all over for this thread and thought I was the only one with this issue. At least the text message tone isn't distorted like before.