Keyboard update?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by analytical44, Oct 20, 2009.

1. analytical44 macrumors regular

Has the apple keyboard received an update as well?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Minor. It now only uses two batteries, instead of three. Otherwise, I haven't noticed any difference.

3. analytical44 thread starter macrumors regular

Pish posh...that's a rubbish update. Thanks for the response tho

4. The Admiral macrumors member

The Admiral

it's a pretty rubbish keyboard. i will at least give it that it's better than the original apple USB keyboard, but man, that was one of the worst keyboards anyone has ever shipped.

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I disagree - it has a great feel, is very sturdy (being an aluminum frame), and it very frugal with its batteries. Of course, everyone has a different opinion on input devices - the BT keyboard is no exception.

Oh, and I really like the feel of my Mighty Mouse ;)

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I strongly disagree. The Apple Wireless Keyboard is the best keyboard I've ever seen. Compact, good design, quiet, durable, excellent battery life, great range. What more could you ask in a wireless keyboard? I highly recommend it!

7. three macrumors 6502a

three

The Apple Aluminum keyboard is the best keyboard I have ever used. I like it because it's quiet, durable, compact, and designed very well.

8. icecavern macrumors regular

I've just been trying to order a british wireless keyboard but it's missing from the apple site

Looks like they don't sell it anymore, and nobody seems to have old stock. :(

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I see it just fine:
    Picture 2.jpg

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Typing on it right now, I completely agree, GREAT keyboard.:)

11. vermintrex macrumors newbie

I also love it...

..but where is the black key version so it matches the rest of the crud on my desk ?

12. analytical44 thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I've been waiting for; well that and backlit keys. I like the design though, seems like a nice keyboard. So are we assuming that this is the new keyboard that was in the front page article that the FCC just OK'd? I'll be pretty blown if it is...

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It probably is the one approved by the FCC. I doubt you'll see backlighting on the wireless keyboard.... too much impact on battery life. It would be nice to have, though.

14. justflie macrumors 6502a

justflie

Since it magically uses fewer batteries, it would stand to reason that the internals have been updated.

15. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

What more could I ask for? Um, a full keyboard? I use the numeric keypad quite often (I type numbers much faster with it) but for some reason Apple thinks people who hate wires hate numbers. I bought the last wireless version with the numeric keypad and think Apple is a bunch of poo for removing it in the first place. When I have to use my MacBook Pro's keyboard, I do it out of necessity, not because I love cramming all of this stuff into a small area.

Between that blunder and the complete lack of Blu-ray, Apple can stun me sometimes to be such a good overall company.

16. bellang macrumors member

The problem is that as you can see in the picture, the description says British, however in the drop down box under add to basket it says German. And there's no option to select British.

I reckon there's a few German keyboards being ordered as I type...

17. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's possible the description in the basket is incorrect. I'd call Apple and ask them if it is, indeed, the British keyboard that they've mislabeled in the basket, or if they're substituting a German one (which wouldn't make any sense, unless the German and British keyboards are the same). A phone call to Apple should clear it up.

18. bellang macrumors member

Yup, spoke to Apple, its an issue with the website which they're looking at. No ETA, but shouldnt be long they think.

19. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I understand having one without a numeric keypad.

But I do not understand not having one with a numeric keypad. Besides, with a 27" screen, the non-NMKP version looks like an itty-bitty toy.