Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Techquickie, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Techquickie macrumors newbie

Why hasn't Apple made N-key rollover wired keyboard with backlight yet, I use windows and would buy it in a snap, $60-130 junk. Wired to wireless was one bad move, no light to no light is even worse, whats worse is that there is no good backlit keyboard, razer ones are complete trash that flicker, the rest are loud ugh

2. tpivette89 macrumors 6502

tpivette89

You would think this would be easy to do... I mean, they have them in the Macbook Pros. However, if they did release one, it would probably carry a $50 premium over the standard keyboard

3. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

The main concern is likely battery life, as Apple insists on having it be wireless, and assumes a desktop computer will always be used in a room with artificial lighting.

For my iMac, having a wireless keyboard is not a necessity, so I would probably make the trade. But Apple is already selling two different wireless keyboard sizes in two different colors, adding wired with backlight options would just make the selection more complicated.

4. crjackson2134 macrumors 601

crjackson2134

5. tpivette89, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018

tpivette89 macrumors 6502

tpivette89

The battery life on the wireless keyboard is already fantastic. I only have to charge mine once every 2 months or so. I can't imagine a few LEDs would reduce the battery life of the keyboard all that much.

However, that Matias keyboard looks amazing. Apple doesn't have anything like this, and I'm thinking of moving my space grey keyboard to my 3,1 and replacing it with this 3rd party keyboard just for the backlighting.

Apple, are you listening?!?

6. flowrider macrumors 603

flowrider

Well, I'll be a broken record here. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I can not for the life of me understand a wireless keyboard on a desktop machine. Where are you going to move it around to? A mouse sure.

However, a backlighted KB is a MUST for me. I keep my home office dark except when I'm doing paperwork.

For the record I have a wired Logitech G710+, for the backlighting, for the "G" keys, I luv the "G" keys, and I also like the feel of the Cherry MX Brown keys.

My mouse, a wireless Logitech MX Master. Luv the function keys on that too.

I'm also very happy how Logitech keeps their software up to date so it works with new OS's on day one.

Lou

7. Matty_TypeR macrumors regular

Matty_TypeR

8. mattspace macrumors 65816

mattspace

I've been eyeing off the WASD keyboards for a while, though, I like my bluetooth wireless, because i also work with a large graphics tablet, which competes for desk space.

Got a mouse recommendation for anyone looking - Steelseries' Sensei 310. Ambidextrous, great feel and 8 buttons.

9. Lenny_ macrumors newbie

Lenny_

I just ordered this one (white version):
    http://en.obins.net/anne-pro2

It will be a while until it will be here though. I'm quite curious regarding how these brown switches will work...

10. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

11. bjar macrumors regular

I have a razer chroma. Doesn’t flicker.

12. Pow!, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018

Pow! macrumors member

Pow!

13. flowrider macrumors 603

flowrider

^^^^Looks like a nice solution, if you need a wireless keyboard. But, for me, I've come to rely quite heavily on the "G" keys on my Logitech.

Lou

14. thornslack macrumors 6502

15. Pow! macrumors member

Pow!

It’s wired, love it. The G13 sits to the left of it.

Nice looking, but with such massive gaps under the keys, I would be concerned about stuff getting underneath.

16. Lenny_ macrumors newbie

Lenny_

finally I got my Anne Pro 2 (shipping took a while):

Anne Pro 2.jpeg

17. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

My hands hurt just looking at that.... Since when did "anti-ergo" become a thing?

18. flowrider macrumors 603

flowrider

^^^^For me, no key pad or "G" keys would kill for me.

Lou

19. Lenny_ macrumors newbie

Lenny_

What's wrong with a mechanical keyboard? Somehow I do like these clicky switches.

Well... less keys is inbuild in the principle of a 60% keyboard. Not sure what G keys are though...

20. h9826790 macrumors G5

h9826790

Check post#14