Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
That seems pretty stupid and really easy to lose. I wouldn't even consider one of those unless it's dirt cheap.
1) Being so short will make it difficult to use in a lot of instances. Pretty useless to use in an outlet. Really only useful with a laptop.
2) The USB end just attaches to a cap that is attached to a key ring? Seems it wouldn't be hard to lose.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
That seems pretty stupid and really easy to lose. I wouldn't even consider one of those unless it's dirt cheap.
I think it's pretty smart, and I don't think I'd lose it very easily.

1) Being so short will make it difficult to use in a lot of instances. Pretty useless to use in an outlet. Really only useful with a laptop.
The lightning connector fits pretty tight, you can have it hanging without having to worry about the phone falling, so it's useful pretty much anywhere there is a USB port and enough room for the phone.

2) The USB end just attaches to a cap that is attached to a key ring? Seems it wouldn't be hard to lose.
For some people it might, other people are less careless with how they handle their keys. A third group of people might even put it somewhere else than on their keyring.

Grassso

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2013
It's just a short lightning cable that u stick on your keychain so that u can charge your phone if you run low on juice and don't a regular cord.

well, thanks for your message, i got to know, it will be convenient for charging, especially in emergency.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Horrible website. Unless it's $5 or less, it's a waste. Get a third party cable and keep it in your car/briefcase/backpack.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Interesting. Is there also also a protective cap for the connecter's end? If not, I can see it getting damaged over time.

johnm1000

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2013
Guys, even i need a lightning cable for my iPhone 5, but the thing is...$25 is something which matters, a lot! And everybody is gonna say that i'm an iPhone owner and I'm thinking twice before spending $25 so yeah, i do care about my money...and the fact is, we all should!!

I do go hunting sometimes where this might act as a backup, but I can easily get another flashlight for 25 bucks...having said that, i think there may be many more substitutes offering the same keychains with a much lower price tag attached to them. Do let me know if you find one!

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 63

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
Interesting. Is there also also a protective cap for the connecter's end? If not, I can see it getting damaged over time.

they put a cap on the usb side for corrosion, apparently lightning end is waterproof. still dont see the point as its useless without either a laptop or charger...

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
they put a cap on the usb side for corrosion, apparently lightning end is waterproof. still dont see the point as its useless without either a laptop or charger...

Do you think it's a) easier, b) harder or c) equally hard to find a powered USB-port when you need to charge your phone than it is to find a powered USB-port and a lightning cable?

Seriously, dude... Do you think it's useless to have jumper cables in your car because they're no good without an external power source?

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Do you think it's a) easier, b) harder or c) equally hard to find a powered USB-port when you need to charge your phone than it is to find a powered USB-port and a lightning cable?

Seriously, dude... Do you think it's useless to have jumper cables in your car because they're no good without an external power source?

Nice analogy. Perfect.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Cars are everywhere. Powered USB ports are not.

I really can't imagine a time when this would be useful, or a better option, than a standard cable. Especially since it even costs more than a standard cable. You're paying more for a shorter cable that can easily get lost.

If i'm at work, I have a cable. If i'm on the road, I have a cable. If i'm at home, I have a cable.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Cars are everywhere. Powered USB ports are not.
I'm not really sure if you're joking, or if you didn't get the point...

I really can't imagine a time when this would be useful, or a better option, than a standard cable. Especially since it even costs more than a standard cable. You're paying more for a shorter cable that can easily get lost.
When I charge my phone by the computer at home, I'd prefer this cable to a standard one. I put everything that I charge just next to the computer, and longer cables equals more clutter on the desk than shorter cables.

When I leave my house without my bag, I'd prefer this cable to a standard one because it's smaller and thus easier to have in the pocket without tangling (I've got keys and headphones in the same pocket, less tangling is a good thing in my book).

If i'm at work, I have a cable. If i'm on the road, I have a cable. If i'm at home, I have a cable.
So would someone who has this Nomad cable attached to his key chain. What's your point?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.