Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
If the apps in the i-Suites become known as iApp (Keynote, Pages, whatever) '08 (or whatever the year is), I hope it releases in that year. Or else it'll take a while to have to change every single instance of that year, or else look like M$ and seem really late.

iToaster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
Anyone remember that whole G4 is a G5 deal? Apple's made some slips alright, and I look forward to seeing what becomes of this. I'd say that the website designers know some stuff, despite the need to know thing at Apple.

dlastmango

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2004
West Coast - FLORIDA
When I make a typo....

Isnt it odd that whenever Apple makes a typo it isnt a regular typo... When i make a mistake i'll flop letters or have some garbled mess... but not apple! they just type future products "accidentally"

Chris

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
I bet its just a type, although at the rate they are going they might not be a keynote 07 so next version might be 08

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
By the way, if anyone would like to actually watch the video, which is what the advertisement at the center of this debate is all about, then here you go. On a side note I would highly recommend signing up for these tips in iTunes, they are great and many are trips that people did not know before, not just a rehash of basic tips most people who really use their Mac already know.

Ireland

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2007
It wasn't a typo. I hate to point out the obvious, but Apple surely has the right type of users if these things work to such extent. Apple likes to mess with people. They can create buzz without ever advertising, it's so easy for them when people react to this stuff so loudly. New everything is coming at one point or another. New iMacs are coming in August which may or may not have be accompanied by the new iWork and iLife. People just need to learn patience.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
It's still at the top of the Apple Start page. Takes you to Small Business>Apple Store Quick Tip of the Week

I'm looking at the start page, and the '08 isn't there. :confused:

Picture 1.png

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
Most likely just a typo that just may coincidentally match up with an upcoming product that everybody and their mother is expecting.

Then again, nearly everybody expected iLife '07 and iWork '07 this past MacWorld, so what do I know?

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Actually, I wish Apple would drop the 'Year' from it's software titles. I don't think they will be able to continue to provide enhancements or improvement EVERY year - especially if future versions are dependant on new features / capabilities / technologies built into the OS or hardware changes.

Also, various components of the ‘suites’ may be updated more frequently than the others and then we have all kinds of mis-matched versions.

Anyway, I hope iLife comes soon and supports hard disc video cameras, especially since ‘High Def’ is being pushed heavily - HD on a cassette tape is just not the way to go (and I want a new hard disk camera but want to use iLife as well!”

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
There is some web programmer that made the 'mistake' laughing his butt off at MacRumors members right now.... knowing he caused this commotion on purpose.

Other than that.... Apple had better skip iLife and iWork 07 and go for 08... even if in name alone. Kinda late to be puttin out an 07 app isn't it.

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
There is some web programmer that made the 'mistake' laughing his butt off at MacRumors members right now.... knowing he caused this commotion on purpose.

Laughing all the way to the unemployment line. There's no doubt in my mind that Apple takes this sort of thing very seriously, no matter how few people actually see it. Whether or not Apple does it intentionally, I don't think this is a laughing matter for them.

ModestPenguin

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
OKC
I don't care if its 07 or 08, I just want a release date, preferably in october with leopard.

If that means they push back the next one for more than a year thats fine with me, but immediate gratification is demanded!

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Granted a mistake wasn't "carefully planned," but who has access to the Apple Web site? Given how carefully this kind of access must be guarded, I would tend to think these types of mistakes merit more attention than 99.99999999999% of the "news" that welcomes posts on "Think Secret" or posts from the guy who goes to the same coffee shop past which Steve Jobs drives every other Tuesday on his way to announce the Powerbook G5.

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
Unless Apple is timing software releases like car models (ie begin selling '08 MY in '07), I think this is all wishful thinking...

I mean, I enjoy my iPhone as much as the next geek, but where are the COMPUTERS?? :confused:

The Macster

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
If this was on the RSS article then it might have been a mix-up of dates. Maybe Next week (07/08/07) The iLife suite will ship with the new iMacs?

matthemercyless

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2006
Hull, UK
As has already been stated in above posts, this sort of things has happened before, with the G5 and the 8 core MacPro. Its marketing, not mistake.:p

I was actually hoping that the iWork suite was going to be a part of Leopard, along with the rumored 'Graphs' application.

That would have made an unbeatable array of apps straight out of the box, that no other manufacturer could compete with! iTunes, iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto, GarageBand, Keynote, Pages, Graphs, iCal, Mail etc

Well, I can dream right?:D

The Macster

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
As has already been stated in above posts, this sort of things has happened before, with the G5 and the 8 core MacPro. Its marketing, not mistake.:p

I was actually hoping that the iWork suite was going to be a part of Leopard, along with the rumored 'Graphs' application.

That would have made an unbeatable array of apps straight out of the box, that no other manufacturer could compete with! iTunes, iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto, GarageBand, Keynote, Pages, Graphs, iCal, Mail etc

Well, I can dream right?:D

Sweet dreams Matt, sweet dreams...:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.