kind of dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

maeglutz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
i posted in the powerbook forum that i had a powerbook g4 up for auction where 100% of the sale price would go to help relief in Haiti.

the mod closed the thread because it violated marketplace rules.

am i the only one that thinks this is stupid?

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Your best bet is to PM the mods
Taking it to the open forum is not the way to handle it

There are rules in place for a reason
And we have no guarantee your offer isn't a scam anyway

Woof, Woof - Dawg

maeglutz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Your best bet is to PM the mods
Taking it to the open forum is not the way to handle it

There are rules in place for a reason
And we have no guarantee your offer isn't a scam anyway

Woof, Woof - Dawg

well it cant be a scam becauseit's through ebay and ebay lists it as 100% going to charity... i'd have no control over the winning money even if I wanted to.

i just think this is the result of a world being "too pc" where people become blind to the bigger picture

also, in the end, i dont really care because there is nothing in it for ME personally... just trying to rally support and give to a good cause.

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
The mods here are a nightmare to say the least (and I'll probably get banned for saying that).

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you don't like or agree with the rules, you're always welcome to find a forum that doesn't provide such protection for its members. Personally, I think the Marketplace Rules do a good job of protecting buyers and sellers from what would otherwise be a lot of spam and rip-offs. As the Dawg said, take it up with the moderators, instead of posting a thread about moderator actions that you don't agree with. We're not going to "join your cause".

i just think this is the result of a world being "too pc" where people become blind to the bigger picture
No, this is the result of someone whining because they weren't allowed to violate well-established and well-documented forum rules.

maeglutz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
If you don't like or agree with the rules, you're always welcome to find a forum that doesn't provide such protection for its members. Personally, I think the Marketplace Rules do a good job of protecting buyers and sellers from what would otherwise be a lot of spam and rip-offs. As the Dawg said, take it up with the moderators, instead of posting a thread about moderator actions that you don't agree with. We're not going to "join your cause".

No, this is the result of someone whining because they weren't allowed to violate well-established and well-documented forum rules.
yes yes. one day you will get a gold star.

the point is i'm not trying to SELL anything. it's not a "market place" issue. i am donating a computer and money raised will be going to charity. it's stupid any way you look at it

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
yes yes. one day you will get a gold star.
Whining and sarcasm aren't going to change the rules or the moderators' decisions. Get over it.
the point is i'm not trying to SELL anything. it's not a "market place" issue. i am donating a computer and money raised will be going to charity. it's stupid any way you look at it
If you're wanting to give a computer to a forum member and get money in return, regardless of what you do with the money, you're trying to sell something.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I don't know what Forums you frequent and how you are used to things being handled and business conducted, but I assure you, you are not helping your cause here at all.

Everyone has their opinions about Forum moderation, but for the most part, things run rather smoothly around here and most of the members are grateful for it.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
The mods here are a nightmare to say the least (and I'll probably get banned for saying that).
oh dont be so rediculous. why do you think this is the best mac forum on the net? its not beacuse of the 100% friendly and honest users here ill tell you that much ;)

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"

maeglutz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Whining and sarcasm aren't going to change the rules or the moderators' decisions. Get over it.

If you're wanting to give a computer to a forum member and get money in return, regardless of what you do with the money, you're trying to sell something.
but i'm NOT getting money in return. how many times do i have to say 100% goes to charity. i never get the money at all. automatically it gets transferred to charity.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
but i'm NOT getting money in return. how many times do i have to say 100% goes to charity. i never get the money at all. automatically it gets transferred to charity.
Take it up with the Mods with the procedures that are in place

You are beginning to sound like a little child that sits in the floor at the store screaming because they don't get their way, hoping that the public pressure will get it for you

There are procedures for handling this
Follow them

Woof, Woof - Dawg

maeglutz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Take it up with the Mods with the procedures that are in place

You are beginning to sound like a little child that sits in the floor at the store screaming because they don't get their way, hoping that the public pressure will get it for you

There are procedures for handling this
Follow them

Woof, Woof - Dawg
yep. living in a world where ppl miss the bigger picture...
ambiguous forum rules > people dying in haiti

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It doesn't matter! Charity or not! NO SELLING OUTSIDE THE MARKETPLACE! How many times do you have to hear it before it sinks in? That goes for charities, public and private, foreign and domestic, for profit or non-profit.... everyone!

You even said in your original thread "if i am violating anything, then sorry. erase it." So now you're complaining that they did what you asked? Your reaction is extremely childish. Move on to another forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.