kind of dumb

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by maeglutz, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maeglutz macrumors member

i posted in the powerbook forum that i had a powerbook g4 up for auction where 100% of the sale price would go to help relief in Haiti.

the mod closed the thread because it violated marketplace rules.

am i the only one that thinks this is stupid?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Your best bet is to PM the mods
    Taking it to the open forum is not the way to handle it

There are rules in place for a reason
    And we have no guarantee your offer isn't a scam anyway

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. maeglutz thread starter macrumors member

well it cant be a scam becauseit's through ebay and ebay lists it as 100% going to charity... i'd have no control over the winning money even if I wanted to.

i just think this is the result of a world being "too pc" where people become blind to the bigger picture

also, in the end, i dont really care because there is nothing in it for ME personally... just trying to rally support and give to a good cause.

4. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Our Marketplace rules are here.

Per our FAQ, questions about specific acts of moderation should be submitted via our Contact Form.

5. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

The mods here are a nightmare to say the least (and I'll probably get banned for saying that).

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you don't like or agree with the rules, you're always welcome to find a forum that doesn't provide such protection for its members. Personally, I think the Marketplace Rules do a good job of protecting buyers and sellers from what would otherwise be a lot of spam and rip-offs. As the Dawg said, take it up with the moderators, instead of posting a thread about moderator actions that you don't agree with. We're not going to "join your cause".

No, this is the result of someone whining because they weren't allowed to violate well-established and well-documented forum rules.

7. maeglutz thread starter macrumors member

ha. explains it.

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

9. maeglutz thread starter macrumors member

yes yes. one day you will get a gold star.

the point is i'm not trying to SELL anything. it's not a "market place" issue. i am donating a computer and money raised will be going to charity. it's stupid any way you look at it

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Whining and sarcasm aren't going to change the rules or the moderators' decisions. Get over it.
    If you're wanting to give a computer to a forum member and get money in return, regardless of what you do with the money, you're trying to sell something.

11. maeglutz thread starter macrumors member

there is nothing about charity in marketplace rules. surprise

12. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't know what Forums you frequent and how you are used to things being handled and business conducted, but I assure you, you are not helping your cause here at all.

Everyone has their opinions about Forum moderation, but for the most part, things run rather smoothly around here and most of the members are grateful for it.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

13. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

14. maeglutz thread starter macrumors member

so basically, never question the rules or start discussions about them. i know governments like this.

15. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

oh dont be so rediculous. why do you think this is the best mac forum on the net? its not beacuse of the 100% friendly and honest users here ill tell you that much ;)

16. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You have been given guidance by the moderators on how to handle this issue below

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

17. maeglutz thread starter macrumors member

but i'm NOT getting money in return. how many times do i have to say 100% goes to charity. i never get the money at all. automatically it gets transferred to charity.

18. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Take it up with the Mods with the procedures that are in place

You are beginning to sound like a little child that sits in the floor at the store screaming because they don't get their way, hoping that the public pressure will get it for you

There are procedures for handling this
    Follow them

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

19. maeglutz thread starter macrumors member

yep. living in a world where ppl miss the bigger picture...
    ambiguous forum rules > people dying in haiti

20. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It doesn't matter! Charity or not! NO SELLING OUTSIDE THE MARKETPLACE! How many times do you have to hear it before it sinks in? That goes for charities, public and private, foreign and domestic, for profit or non-profit.... everyone!

You even said in your original thread "if i am violating anything, then sorry. erase it." So now you're complaining that they did what you asked? Your reaction is extremely childish. Move on to another forum.

21. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

that is not the case at all. the way you are going about it isnt going to get what you want. PM a mod and talk about it!

22. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

You do realize that as much attention as this thread is getting, you'd do better to put the link in your signature. :rolleyes:

But please stop screaming, you're hurting my ears. :)

23. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

No, you don't, really. And those to which you refer are hardly voluntary, are they? You volunteered to join up here. You agreed to abide by the rules, and you promised that you understood them.

24. maeglutz thread starter macrumors member

25. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What a mature, intelligent, well-thought-out response! Funny, how I was expecting that one! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.