Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
I've been miring the gold iphones for a while now but I just didn't think I'd want another white phone (galaxy here). Does anything think the gold and white is girly?

AceMason

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
I got gold for 5S but got bored of the white front quickly. Glad to be going back to a black front; it looks more seamless in my opinion.

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
I've been miring the gold iphones for a while now but I just didn't think I'd want another white phone (galaxy here). Does anything think the gold and white is girly?

Get what YOU want. It is not girly. Now Pink on the other hand.......

ACoD360

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
I had the gold 5s for a while and it's very nice. Think of it as a more premium version of the white/silver phone

benzkid89

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
TN
Man its not girly I lived my gold 5s and will enjoy my gold 6. If anyone is judging on a phone color they have to much time on their hands.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I got gold for 5S but got bored of the white front quickly. Glad to be going back to a black front; it looks more seamless in my opinion.

I agree with this. I always get black for this reason. If you are reading an ebook or playing a game in the dark (or low light), it's distracting to see a big honking white border glowing around your screen.

I don't think the gold is girly, I just think it's ugly. Not so much the gold color, but the white antenna stripes look terrible on it IMO. They don't look great on any of the phones, but to me they are less annoying on the space gray and silver.

ChrisNYC83

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012

Better question... Are you so insecure with your masculinity and sexuality that you're afraid to look like less of a man for having a gold iPhone that might be seen by some as "girly"? Seriously dude you got bigger issues to worry about. Very insulting and crappy post.

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
I don't mind the gold color so much as how the white looks on the front. The black on the front of the space gray looks quite sharp imo

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Better question... Are you so insecure with your masculinity and sexuality that you're afraid to look like less of a man for having a gold iPhone that might be seen by some as "girly"?

Yes I am actually. It's not the gold it's the white gold combo

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
what i love about gold is the ring around the touchID, it's so sleek. in space grey phone, the ring is dark and not contrast.

my dream phone would be a gold iphone 6 with black front glass. would be awesome.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
what i love about gold is the ring around the touchID, it's so sleek. in space grey phone, the ring is dark and not contrast.

my dream phone would be a gold iphone 6 with black front glass. would be awesome.
Same here!

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i got 5s space grey, but after a while, the more i look the gold 5s, the more i'm in love with it. lol. im gettin gold 6 for sure this time.

Despacio

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Had a black 3G, 4, and 5. I love black coloring for electronic devices. But I got tired of it and got the gold 5s. It's quite shiny and unique. So I decided to get the gold this time around again. To me it just feels more unique, it's got that ooh factor when it hits the light. You'll get the Smeagol my precious feeling. I might go black next time around, just to change it up. Silver I like but when I think on it it just feels flat, like a shiny dime to a shiny gold coin.

michikade

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in Texas
I personally don't really like the gold color, but I don't think the white is more feminine or the black more masculine. I personally like the look of the black/gray and white/silver more. Now, if the gold had a different colored bezel it may be different but I'm not a fan of white on gold.

I'm getting a silver 6+ myself. It matches my MacBook and iPad, haha. Silver and white everything, I can dig it.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
Do yourself a favor and buy the black one. The white phone may look nice and flashy at first but it gets boring really fast. Also the white front makes the phone look bigger too. And the screen will look dimmer due to the white surrounding benzel

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
No. When you got the black phone, you always think the white looks nicer, vice versa. Grass greener on the other side applies here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.