Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EOB

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2014
Los Angeles
I originally wanted a gold iPhone 5s, but did not like the champagne gold and white combo.
really wished apple would have made black/champagne gold as well. Have always bought the "s" models for iPhones, so I am not upgrading anytime soon.

So I switched out my space grey housing for a gold one. I think the black/gold combo looks so much better.
2014-07-28215125_zps62a6ac17.jpg

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
I've been miring the gold iphones for a while now but I just didn't think I'd want another white phone (galaxy here). Does anything think the gold and white is girly?

I have the gold/white 5S and it's definitely not girly. I got a lot of compliments on my phone from chicks and dudes. For the 6+ I'm gonna go with the space gray b/c it just looks sleek and I didn't wanna do the same color (gold/white) for 2yrs in a row.

InternetDude08

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
I think they should call it Champagne and not Gold. I have a gold 5S and will be getting a gold 6 tomorrow. The black is just too overdone, not original at all. White/silver is too bland. Gold is the nicest one IMHO, and not at all girly. Pink, yeah that would be girly.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
I like phones with a black front. But if I were to choose the white front, it would have the gold back.

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
I got the silver one. I m more inclined towards the space Grey one now. As someone said grass is always greener on the other side.

Melodeath

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2009
I had a black 3GS, and black 4s, so when the 5s came out, I was ready for a change and got the white/silver. It looked great and was a nice change, but after maybe a month, the "newness" wore off, and I told myself I would get black the next time.

After seeing videos of the 6, white looks amazing to me, but I had to trust my gut and get black/space gray.

Anyway, I do not find the white front girly in the slightest, nor do I find it distracting. It just looks classy as hell to me. I hope I don't find black boring once it arrives!

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I got gold for 5S but got bored of the white front quickly. Glad to be going back to a black front; it looks more seamless in my opinion.

I also had the gold 5s and although it was a great gold tone Apple used- the white front was something I could not get used to. I ended up going with Space Grey for my iPhone 6 because I don't care for the white face.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.