Kinda disappointed with the iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlexxRyzhkov, Oct 19, 2014.

1. AlexxRyzhkov macrumors regular

Well I recently upgraded from an samsung galaxy S5 to an iphone 6, and at first I loved it. It seemed really great. Well my mom got a Note 3 for really cheap so she gave me her old iphone 5. And suddenly, my iphone 6 doesn't seem so great anymore.
    First of all, wow the iphone 5 just feels better in hand. It's thin, but not too thin. It's less rounded and just fits better in my hand. Part of me even likes the smaller screen more.
    Second of all, speed. Both devices are running iOS 8.02, and honestly, they both feel almost equal in speed, which is kinda sad, as the iphone 5 is over 2 years old. Neither of them have many apps or anything. The only thing that my 6 has over the 5is that it has a better battery life.

Also there are issues that the 6 that the 5 doesn't have. First of all sometimes the rotation stops working and I have to restart the phone. Also Touch ID doesn't really work that much, even though I put my fingerprint in many times.

Honestly, part of me wants to sell the iphone 6, but I would just be kinda mad because I would loose a bit of money since my iphone 6 isn't really in great condition

Anyone else feel the same?

2. xfusejc macrumors 6502

3. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

No.

4. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

It's probably an ios8 thing you are experiencing with the freeze ups, I am having the same thing on my 5c. I would wait until tomorrow's update and see if you feel the same way. I am hoping for a better experience with 8.1.

5. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Why do you care what other people think? If you know what you don't like and you know what the solution is to fix it.......then use that solution. Enjoy the phone you enjoy.

6. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I got the 5s myself because I prefer the size. Like you, I like the way it feels in my hand.

You might want to give the 6 more time now that you have it; most seem to prefer the larger size. But if it doesn't grow on you, by all means get what you like. The 5s is cheaper now, you might not come out that far behind.

7. AlexxRyzhkov thread starter macrumors regular

Wish I could, it's been too long.

Honestly i might just sell the 6 and keep the 5. If the 5 is basically as fast as the 6, then the 5S might not be much different. However I'm probably going to wait till IOS 8.1 comes out

8. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

Return the 6 so that someone that REALLY wants one can have it....

9. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

What happened to it that makes it not in great condition?

10. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I have both a 5c and a 6 and they are night and day difference. Maybe restore the phone?

11. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I had freeze issues on my first 5c. I didn't restore it and do the update. I did it via OTA instead. However, my daily driver 5c was fully wiped and restored. It was updated after it was wiped. No freezes or lag on this one. I'm wondering if it isn't leaving behind residual iOS 7 data bits when done via OTA.

12. crmcm macrumors member

When I first got my 6, I loved it. I've had it for 3 weeks now and I wish I had returned it for a 5S. The size is driving me crazy, but even more annoying is that for some reason it pulls hair out of my face when I'm talking. It really hurts and the hairs even get stuck between the case and glass afterwards. Oh and it's also bent. I don't use it any differently than any of the previous generations of iPhone. The glass is separating on the bottom corner (from the bend I think) so I'll try to swap it at apple and then sell the new one I guess.

13. cherishzm macrumors regular

I and iPhone 5s/6/6+ users around me agree the touch ID works extremely well. It just works unless water, oil or something is on a finger.

iPhone 5 or 5s is still a great device for what it is and it's personal preference.

14. Sikh macrumors 6502

Sikh

How is your phone already not in good condition. The **** are you doing to it?

15. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Same here, I had the 5s and now the 6 and I think the Touch ID is great!

16. AlexxRyzhkov thread starter macrumors regular

It's not in like terrible condition or anything lol, but one of the corners has a small dent and the screen has some minor scratches.
    I just can't return it, and I've spent about $720 on it, and I doubt I can get more that $550 for it if I sell it on eBay or something

17. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Nope. Had the 6 for a week, upgraded to the 6 Plus when I had a chance.
    Why is your 6 not in the best condition? Did you think that maybe that's the reason why it's not working 100%?

18. crmcm, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  19. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

The 5S is perfect for you, great... Enjoy last year's technology!

20. justindavis098 macrumors member

So return it and get a 5? Get a case too because if the 6 is not in great condition then you sir are hard on phones.

21. CEmajr macrumors 601

If the 5/5S feels better and more comfortable in your hand then keep that. It's still a good phone. The iPhone 6 feels like perfection in my hand. The curved edges make it a pleasure to hold and love the bigger screen. Apple nailed it with the 4.7". Very satisfied

22. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

We really needed this thread. I'm so happy it's here now

23. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

Are you enjoying the year before last's quota of RAM? ;-)
    There is *very* little difference between the 5S and i6 other than screen size. Don't kid yourself.

24. bndxsupnetcr macrumors newbie

Like you, I like the way it feels in my hand.[​IMG]

25. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Not sure about the 5 being as fast as the 6. The 5s was even faster than the 5.