Kindle & The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mac'nCheese, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I know next to nothing about the kindles or comics in general. But I enjoy the walking dead and was wondering if anyone reads them on a kindle. Thought this might be a better way to catch up and read them. Do you need a certain model for graphic novels (I assume some don't display color)? Can you rent the novel like through a library service? Is there some kind of subscription so you don't miss on new releases?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would recommend one of the Fire tablets as opposed to the e-ink readers if you are looking at reading comics.

3. kanselmo macrumors member

I read through the first 100 issues on a Kindle Paperwhite from last year. The comics are black and white so you don't lose anything in that regard. The text can be small but you can zoom in. You can buy them individually (I think) and the collections which are the same as the printed collections, 6 issues in each.

4. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Indeed. I recommend the Nook HD+ (1920x1280 resolution) and it's only $150. Put Cyanogenmod 10 on it and it's a full android. Oh it happens to make a kick tush comic reader. The screen is awesome.

If you must go the e-ink route, the Kobo Aura HD would be much better than the Kindle with it's larger screen and nearly double the resolution (1440x1080 vs Paperwhite's 1024x768). It ain't cheap (for an ebook reader) though at $170.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I realize this is not what you are asking about, but I got mine from a friend and am reading them on my iPad in .cbr format on the Cloud Reader app.

6. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Aside from having the paper versions, this is how I pretty much read all my comics too!