Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
After using it for a few days. The new IOS has grown on me. Finding new features the more i play with it. The only two things i miss now from my jailbreak is quick reply, and pushtones. Not having an audible notification for programs like Facebook and others seem weird to me. Since i got used to pushtone pushing those audible notifications. Now i have to get used to not having that audible notification, and having to check my phone with certain apps.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Already given up my jailbreak for it. Like 99% of what I jailbroke for is now integrated into the OS. Only thing I'm having trouble getting used to is no zephyr.

+ the post above me is stupid. It's a disgruntled user going "if you don't agree with my harsh opinion your a complete idiot". You don't need to act like an a**hole to get your point across.

If you aren't willing to give it a try your as bad as the people fawning over it. On Monday I was angry and didn't like it on my phone, but now I'm used to it and enjoying my phone running it. I still think they need to add a few toggles here and there, but its a beta 1 so I'm sure by GM it will be somewhat changed.

First off its "you're" not "your". Secondly, its all opinion. Just because some does or doesn't like it doesn't make them an idiot.

Beta 1 or GM, it NOT going to be drastically different in any way. I'm still giving it a shot, doesn't mean I like it any more or less. Get real.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
Staying with JB unless they allow us to choose what toggles we want quick access to as I want quick access to the Hotspot toggle. Not sure I want to give up Activator either.

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
First off its "you're" not "your". Secondly, its all opinion. Just because some does or doesn't like it doesn't make them an idiot.

Beta 1 or GM, it NOT going to be drastically different in any way. I'm still giving it a shot, doesn't mean I like it any more or less. Get real.

I love it when people criticize grammar. It shows obsession and weakness. I called him an idiot because he was forcing his opinion on others and putting people down for thinking differently than him.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
I love it when people criticize grammar. It shows obsession and weakness. I called him an idiot because he was forcing his opinion on others and putting people down for thinking differently than him.

Trust me, I'm not grammar nazi. ;)

But yea, I can agree. We all have our opinions, some will agree with it, others wont.

will90039

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
I agree with most of the stuff here -- it's really quite awful. I need Ray Ban sunglasses to look at the neon pastel colors. There is just too much blue everywhere. Eeeew!
I believe I'm gone, I lost my JB and now am on 6.1.4 and if a JB doesn't come by summers end, I'm def gone.

This user sums it up;

Anastacio

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Denmark
Did/will you go from jailbroken > iOS 7?

Who here are gonna update their jailbroken iPhone to iOS 7 when it releases this fall? Knowing that you probably won't have a jailbreak for months. Are you doing it?

I would miss biteSMS and Zephyr the most but I also have many other small tweaks installed - I'm not sure if I can live without them.

eaglesteve

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2009
Of course I will because iOS will be jailbroken sooner or later. By using iOS 7 beta I had already made this choice as I can no longer go back to 6.1.2 which is the latest untethered jailbreak version available.

eaglesteve

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2009
Once jailbroken with Touchpal keyboard and Activator installed, iOS 7 would be just perfect.

Android OS gives me more headaches than bebefit (which to me is just the choice of good keyboards)
- Malware
- fragmentation
- Upgrade delay or unavailability
- inability to listen to music videos with screen off
- inability to have playlist containing both musics and videos.

I also own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 but not for daily use.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Re: Phone - Staying with iOS 6 until an Android phone comes out that I want.

Re: Tablet - Staying on iOS 6 until iOS 7 is jailbroken, or I'm forced to upgrade somehow.

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013
I'm definitely staying with IOS 6.1.2! I would miss some of my tweaks and I'm not a flat icon person; the rounder the better. So I hate how IOS 7 looks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.4 KB · Views: 60
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.