KRCS Computers - Nottingham

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Exodemia, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Exodemia macrumors regular

KRCS Computers are offical Apple resellers in Nottingham. I went in today and spoke to a Scottish guy there about ExpressCards and external audio hardware and he didn't have a clue plus he was the most unenthusiastic and arrogant dude ever. Anyone had similar experiences with guys who know nothing about what they are meant to be selling or at least have an idea of?

2. FireArse macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't be surprised...

if he read the forums here!

Still, sorry the guy sounds like a prick. Best people to talk to is a 'Trainer'. I've had appointments with some of the guys at Regent Street - I know it's a treck for you, but those guys know their stuff, many of them have 'other bits and pieces'.....

F

3. Exodemia thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah he was a right mardy so and so. Only wanted a bit of help and he was basically telling me to f off in a few more words lol

4. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

Hehe.. Thats resellers for you. You can always ask your questions here on MR, and buy at the online store =D

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Just one detail:
    Had you already bought the hardware? And if so who from?

6. Exodemia thread starter macrumors regular

That what I am doing anyway before I went, I only went into browse and ask some questions.

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Que?

I'll rephrase it. Were you asking him to recommend product(s) that you would buy from that store if your questions were answered and their product(s) met your needs?

Or do you already own the products?
    Or had you determined prior to going in that you were definitely buying the product(s) elsewhere?

8. randallisation macrumors newbie

Well, I've always had a good experience at KRCS, I've always found the staff at the Leicester store very helpful, the guys at the always are friendly and willing to explain things.

Maybe you just got someone on a bad day, it's a shame to have such a bad experience, but not all resellers are idiots that know nothing.

9. Exodemia thread starter macrumors regular

It was a casual visit just to ask questions that I wanted answers to seeing as nobody has really helped me on here with them. I know not all are like him but he certainly could of been more polite. It wouldn't have hurt him.

10. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

You could always give some feedback to the company about their staff :)

11. Exodemia thread starter macrumors regular

Ah no it's alright, it was probably a one-off and it certainly isn't a major thing. I just thought a small shop like that which sells specific products would be enthusiastic, helpful and polite and perhaps have a good chit-chat with you.

12. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

Ah.. Whenever I buy stuff, I can only hope that I get enthusiastic, helpful and polite staff.

13. 119576 Guest

which store did you go to? they opened a new one recently (? - it might not have been that recent, but i don't go to nottingham very often)

I was in the new one today and overheard someone talking to a member of staff who also seemed very unenthusiastic, maybe it's a nottingham thing?

14. Exodemia thread starter macrumors regular

I buy near enough everything off the Internet now anyway. I'm getting all my Apple stuff next month from the HE store so it's all good :)

I went to the one in Nottingham which has just moved from the Broadmarsh to the Victoria Centre.

15. cervaro macrumors regular

Sounds like most of the staff in Dixons, PC World, etc. ;)

Mind you, last time I actually bought something our 'local' Apple store, 60 miles away (!), the guy who served me was a miserable so & so. Hardly looked like he was having a hard day swanning around the store on a Sunday morning!

16. 210 macrumors regular

Same Experience

I had the same experience from KRCS in Leeds. I wanted to buy an iMac G5 and thought to buy it from the store instead of online. Everyone in there were so unhelpful, couldn't care less about the customers in there and miserable. How these people got a job, I don't know. I still bought it from them, but my friend who was with me at the time said he would have bought it elsewhere as their service was appalling.

However, since their refurbishment, they seemed to have got their act together. They're still not quite there yet on the customer service front, but a lot better than they used to be.

17. Dr. P macrumors newbie

I think I know the guy who you mean in KRCS nottingham. The place is OK and they get the new stuff a few days after it comes out but the prices with the educational discount are a fraction higher than the Apple website.

The guys in there do spend an awful lot of time loitering at the back too, makes me feel uneasy... but then I guess half their customers know as much about Apple products as they do so they're probably avoiding the obvious fanboys.

18. pizzacake macrumors member

I wouldn't touch these folks with a bargepole. Gave my niece really bad advice, which led to her iPod being wrecked :mad:. Bad customer service when I went in myself (Leicester KRCS store). Stick to an Apple Store, excellent customer service and Birmingham isn't that far away from Leicester or Nottingham or just buy online.

19. Xexr macrumors newbie

Ah that would be the "Apple" store in broad marsh then? Always wondered what it actually was seeing as apple.com doesn't list any Nottingham stores.

You say theyve moved to victoria centre now? Where abouts in it?

20. 119576 Guest

If you're coming from the bus station, it's on the right hand side on the first floor. about 1/3 of the way to the other end of the centre.

21. Exodemia thread starter macrumors regular

22. randallisation macrumors newbie

Well, everyone has horror stories, but the guys in the Leicester store have always been great, even allowed me to plug my iPod in twice in one hour because I had changed the format from Mac to Windows and didn't have the iPod power adapter at work, I guess PC World wouldnt of let me run in and use theirs.

But hey, everyone will have their own experience.

23. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

glad to see some fellow notts people out there! :)

re: krcs, when i had a problem with my ipod nano (1g), i called apple support who said to contact krcs (who were based near the riverside retail park on queens drive).

i called them up, and they didn't have a clue wtf i was talking about! they said they had stopped "reselling" apple products!

that was a year or so back now.. and after that i wouldn't deal with them again..

shoddy!!!

i've been past the one in vic centre (on the way to the loo's!!) and the staff haven't been the friendliest bunch!!

i just hope a real Apple Store comes to Nottingham soon!! We're more important than the Brummies don't you know :D

24. Exodemia thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe the guys was having a bad day but if KRCS staff are like that at all their stores then I don't see them getting a good reputation.

25. 119576 Guest

We're getting an Apple Store in Derby when the new shopping centre opens later this year. :p