Kuo: AirPods With Wireless Charging Case Expected in Early 2019, All-New Model in Early 2020

BeatCrazy

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2011
Great product. Just replaced mine this week because after 2 years of daily use, the batteries finally started to fail.
My batteries are trashed, too. Only about 40 minutes worth of call time (continuous), starting with a full 100%.

I'm just desperately trying to hang on until a new generation... I was expecting any day now, but looks like I may need to wait for another few months. Ugh.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
So why are we privy to Air Pod units sold and not iPhone? I guess that will change too once the rise becomes a fall.
We are not privy. These are estimates from Kuo, who estimates the numbers continuing to rise for the next few years.
[doublepost=1543772307][/doublepost]
as someone who is constantly annoyed by them on the train and plane I agree.
BeatsX offer better isolation and similar features if you don't mind the neck strap (which I personally prefer).

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
Controversial opinion:
Wired headphones are so much better.

You don'y have a mini-DAC feed by a low-bandwidth, low-energy protocol.
Also, you are limited driving the speakers with a small battery.

The 3.5" or 6,3" jack is not obsolete at all.
It's just that marketing wants to push extremely miniaturised products.

Scarpad

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
i don't need wireless charging and i was waiting for a new model. so i think if i find a good price on the current ones i'm gonna grab a set

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
Controversial opinion:
Wired headphones are so much better.

You don'y have a mini-DAC feed by a low-bandwidth, low-energy protocol.
Also, you are limited driving the speakers with a small battery.

The 3.5" or 6,3" jack is not obsolete at all.
It's just that marketing wants to push extremely miniaturised products.
I could not disagree more. So few people actually care about anything that you posted. The sound quality is more than good enough for most people. Just walking around and working out are much better without a cord hanging in front of you the whole time.

ColdShadow

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2013
ok but what is the difference? is the sound quality improved? does it hold more charge?

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
Bought two pairs so far. I'm sure I'll buy more, it's really an excellent product simple as that.
It's a nice product and I'm perfectly happy with mine, but once I realized I'd probably have to replace them every few years once battery health is significantly degraded, I decided I'd go back to wired headphones from here on out. Seems just too much of a waste, not to mention an unneeded expense in the long term.

Greymacuser

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2012
I wonder if there are 3rd party over the ear attachments around for these. Everyone I know with a pair has always lost one when they pop right out.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
It's a nice product and I'm perfectly happy with mine, but once I realized I'd probably have to replace them every few years once battery health is significantly degraded, I decided I'd go back to wired headphones from here on out. Seems just too much of a waste, not to mention an unneeded expense in the long term.
It's not clear from your post, but Apple will replace the batteries out of warranty for $49 if yours don't hold a charge any more.

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
Bought two pairs so far. I'm sure I'll buy more, it's really an excellent product simple as that.
It's a great product. I think the only Apple product I have been impressed with in Tim rein of terror. Wouldn't mind noise cancelling and better sound quality but other than that, just a fantastic product worth it's price.

ColdShadow

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2013
With the amount of money Apple have sitting in the bank, it’s no wonder their share price is dropping when they are no longer the first to innovate -and- they fail to deliver new products on a regular basis.

These new wireless headphones and Apple’s own wireless charger were expected months ago!

Meanwhile, Belkin are releasing their second wireless charger and I’m still using Belkin’s first wireless charger which is going strong.
does you belkin charge AirPods,iPhone,iPad and Apple Watch simultaneously and safety?
has any other company made such product yet?
that's why Apple hasn't released their wireless charger yet..you are not aware of technical complications..Apple doesn't want to make a yet another basic wireless charger that every Chinese factory has already flooded the market with.

Joniz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2017
I wonder if there are 3rd party over the ear attachments around for these. Everyone I know with a pair has always lost one when they pop right out.
I bought some silicone covers cheap that work fine, though it’s kind of a pain to have to take them off when I put them back into the case, but not so bad that I would stop using them as they stay in when working out and I get better sound while watching TV as they are more sealed.

When I travel, I use a leather Croakies cord to tie them together so that if they drop out while sleeping, they don’t go anywhere. And people will be less likely to try to steal them.

Reactions: artfossil

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA
does you belkin charge AirPods,iPhone,iPad and Apple Watch simultaneously and safety?
has any other company made such product yet?
that's why Apple hasn't released their wireless charger yet..you are not aware of technical complications..Apple doesn't want to make a yet another basic wireless charger that every Chinese factory has already flooded the market with.
That’s all good and fine, however they shouldn’t have announced a product that was in no way close to being ready. Apple done messed up on that one.

kognos

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Oregon
Apple has done something here where their product is usually as good as it's going to get at inception. We're not going to see anything revolutionary because they simply can't do it. What you'll see in 12-18 months instead is a variant of the product.

For example, for those of you thinking that a new model next year is crazy if they release wireless charging in a month or two -- it's not that crazy when you consider that next years model might be totally different and might be sold alongside the current model - not replace it. For example, it could be "Airpods S" that fit snugly in your ear to provide noise cancellation, etc. We have no idea what that model represents, everyone just assumes that it would be an iterative replacement to the current AirPods. Not necessarily so.

As it's been stated, maybe 5% of all iPhone owners have airpods. There's a market here, and everyone who doesn't want to get AirPods has a reason, they just need to answer those reasons. It's not a huge technological problem. There are several Beats headphones for exactly the same reasons.

Personally I also think that the wireless version of the current product coming out in a few months will also have color options, and that'll totally revitalize the sales. Apple knows, vanity means a lot.

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
I hope Apple improves the batteries on the next series because the current ones are junk. My two year old AirPods last for maybe an hour of music listening before dying. I haven’t even used them that much, maybe two or three times a week. Many people are having the same issue. For the money I’d rather buy a couple of nice regular Bluetooth headphones that will last longer.